Hydrostatic testing for LP72s (with + rating)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

macado

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone know of any dive shops or hydrostatic testers in the area that are willing to perform a plus rating hydro on LP72s?

I have an older LP72 the came into my possession that has been out of hydro for some time but it looks like all of it's last hydros have had + ratings.

Assuming it passes hydro and qualifies for the plus rating, are there any shops that will still hydro with plus rating and fill to appropriate pressure?

I realize it might be more trouble than it's worth but I just figured I would ask.

I found a list of DOT approved hydrostatic testers and was going to go down the list and call them but I just figured I would ask here before doing so.

http://www.phmsa.dot.gov/staticfiles/PHMSA/DownloadableFiles/Files/Cylinder_Retest/cyl_ma.pdf

Try South shore divers...in weymouth
they did my hp100's with the plus
cheep also..

They did what?

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I also found out that Mass Diving will do the + rating as long as the tanks have an REE number.

Try United Divers in Somerville, they do hydros in house. Someone mentioned South Shore Divers, they send the tanks out to Beauchesne Fire Equipment in Attleboro Falls.

Back
Top Bottom