Proper Weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

with an alum 80 and a 3mm, I wear 6 lbs - and I am 50 lbs over my "playing" weight - you may need to spend some time in a pool, or locally and work out those issues - that just seems to be too much lead for such a thin suit

Man, you got that right. Now, that I have some 400+ dives, I look back at my first posts and think, geez, a beginner is one thing, but I was downright awful by any standards.
I am fatter now, (and anyone quotes that I will vehemently deny it and call my lawyer for a libel claim) and use 8 pounds. I have no problems with buoyancy, safety stops or maintaining my position in the water column.
It just goes to show, that some people learn to dive with some proficiency within 30 dives while others, like me, take lots and lots longer.
And I will add, diving without concern with buoyancy issues sure makes diving a whole lot more fun.

And I will add, diving without concern with buoyancy issues sure makes diving a whole lot more fun.

So glad to hear that you have reached that point! It's what I say, over and over again -- diving is a lot like skiing; the better you are at it, the more fun it is. Unfortunately, some people don't believe that (a good friend of mine is one of them) and others don't know that there are skills to develop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom