wicth way to go from here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think that I will have to agree with TSandM about the GUE Primer or Fundies course. I am not sure about your while rig and it might be best to take the primer to get a intro and to know where you are by the standards or if you can find some GUE divers in the area that you can get some dives with it will get your attention. i just recently got my first dive with a GUE diver and they make everything look so graceful and easy in the water. GUE is not the only group either I know that there is also UTD that have close to the same take on things just a little different.

Here is a list of ideas. Some of these were mentioned in posts above; I list them here as my endorsement. There must be something here that works for your schedule and interest.

- CPR
- First Aid
- Oxygen Administration
- Rescue
- Nitrox
- Fish ID
- GUE Fundies
- Deep Diver
- Altitude
- Drysuit
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Equipment

Good luck.

yes i have considered taken a rescue class next spring

Agreed that is where I would start if I was you. The skills and awareness you learn will be relevant from here on out. I have had to demonstrate some of these as part of subsequent tech classes.

i was thinking cavern just for the task loading skills thay teach.

Task loading in my Cavern course was limited. It was more about checking I have buoyancy control, buddy skills and can handle a reel at the same time. Suggest you do a few dives with a focus on perfect buoyancy and trim before you take this course.

as far as diving i would like to see the caves and the deep wrecks in the great lakes.

So do a recreational wreck course (its a prerequisite for technical wreck anyway) or do Cavern (as was mentioned careful with Padi as you may need to redo the Cavern later or go for a Padi Cave Diver course).

An alternate would be to find a good dive buddy who is well trained (maybe has passed GUE-F and some GUE Tech course) and just dive with him. Get him to critique your diving, trim, situational awareness, etc. This is what I did for about 10 dives before I started down the tech road. Not as good as GUE-F, but a lot easier to arrange. Watch him and discuss where he dives differently to you, try to learn his good habits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom