• Cheaper certification classes for the type of diving I want to do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A better vehicle to haul my gear to and from

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • A dive boat

Votes: 19 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I won the lottery I would build a dive resort in the Bahamas on a private island and it would have an underwater habitat that you could live, eat and sleep in like the Jules Lodge in Key Largo.

But in the real world the main problem is a lack a of available on-call dive buddies.
Case in point: I want to go diving at Ginnie Springs tomorrow but I can't because there are no dive buddies available and Ginnie Springs requires you to have a buddy.

So I guess it's a snorkeling day at the springs and I'll bring my scuba in case someone else happens to need a dive buddy (hint, hint).

---
- FB-Florida Scuba Diver

Definitely the only thing stopping me is work committments

More time off work, more money, more days with no wind, if neither Nancy or I were ever ill....those should do it.

lets see..... more time and money of course, consistent decent weather and my own fill station wouldn't hurt either :)

And having more tanks (which is said very tongue in cheek, because we own 19 and I just don't have the RIGHT ones for Sunday's diving . . . )

I know how you feel.... I have about the same (not counting argon and other smaller tanks) and often I never have the tanks with the right gas in them

My own air compressor and less surface obligations such as work and making a living.

I think mostly having other people to dive with. I should probably look into the dive club in fort lauderdale.

but there is also lack of equipment, spare money, and time

I usually am about 1 hour away from some great diving but this years weather pattern has been aweful. I am still 4 hours from Athens Texas and 3 hours from Beaver Lake Arkansas though and they have some great diving!!!!!

For me its down to 3 (or actually 4 things)
1. More time to spend diving
2. More year-round friendly diving weather
3. Better local dive sites
The 4th is of course money. As long as nr 2 and 3 is what it is, I need to travel to go diving and that cost money, which there would be less of as a result of 1...

Install an Ocean close to Denver.....I believe there was one long ago.

Maybe in the San Juan Basin ... I mean, it does say "basin", right? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom