• Cheaper certification classes for the type of diving I want to do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A better vehicle to haul my gear to and from

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • A dive boat

Votes: 19 12.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm fortunate to be able to dive almost anytime, my biggest problem is "buddies" for cave and deco dives....Most people don't have the same luxury w/time and resources....Work and responsibilities get in the way......Just a fact of life.....

Well, let's see. Several things would get me diving more. Like several million dollars to buy a place in the Upper Keys on the ocean and a twin diesel dive boat with captain. Yep, that would take care of it for a while.

Reactions: Jax
Greetings K ellis the only other thing for me would be independent wealth so that I did not have to work.
In the even of that the vacation time vote would be null and void!
If I could I would dive every day, ask my family I am not joking!

Dive safe all,

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

What could get me in the water more often? Well ... enough money so that I didn't have to work for a living, perhaps ... or if I didn't have to waste so much of my time sleeping.

But ... come to think of it ... if I spent more time diving, I think it might begin to lose its attraction ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Definitely money... now that air fills are $7, I have to decide between eating for a day or diving for an hour. Of course if I chose diving more often, I may lose some of the bioprene I've added by spending time at the computer editing video!

What would get me to dive more? Having somebody else to clean the house, take care of the yard, do the grocery shopping, mow the pastures, and feed and clean up after the horses. And having more tanks (which is said very tongue in cheek, because we own 19 and I just don't have the RIGHT ones for Sunday's diving . . . )

Closer divable bodies of water. Right now the closest is an hour drive. Not bad but considering there used to be one 15 minutes from my house sucks. It was fine until they started to draw water from it for fracking. I don't mind blackwater or zero vis from time to time but there is just so much crap stirred up right now and no more access because of liability reasons. That is getting to be more and more of an issue in my area. Lakes and quarries restricting access to sites that could be nice dives. Landowners and the state and muni goverments are scared of lawsuits. In some ways tort refrom could actually open up places if people could not sue for their own stupid actions getting them hurt.

Better visibility. Even when the ocean calms down, which has been rare around L.A. for the past few years, the visibility rarely gets over fifteen feet. I've had more than my share of 2-5 feet vis dives lately.

I would dive more if I could find a dive partner willing and wanting to go at almost anytime, who lives near me. My husband can't dive so I have to rely on finding people to dive with when I get to a dive. This doesn't always work out. I retired young and live in Brevard County, Florida,which is close to alot of diving.

Having less time on my hands would make me dive more. Sounds weird I know but still no luck finding work and diving 3 times a week is starting to eat away at my savings..

Back
Top Bottom