Dive Trip Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soltari675

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Next spring I will have the opportunity to take another great dive trip. But I am not certain where. It will be the first week of April. I have never been diving in the ocean where the water was crystal clear and water warm. I was thinking somewhere in the keys or somewhere else in the Caribbean. But not a small fortune. Any ideas? Recommendations?

Cozumel! You can fly cheap in to Cancun and take the bus and ferry to Cozumel. Check out the prices on Orbits.

Go to the Florida Keys. You must take a boat out but and you do not need a passport. I have not done alot of dives, but the diving there is awesome. The only complaint I had is the boat captain's will change the dive locations on some boats, so you can't always be assured that they are going to where they say they are. If you need more info, let me know.

Cozumel sounds awesome. The Keys too. They are a big place though. Where at in the Keys do you recommend. Which dive shops do you enjoy and trust? Same questions for Cozumel :)

Thanks a bunch for the help!

For Key Largo I like Conch Republic Divers and for Cozumel I like Scuba Mau and Blue Angel.

I say if you have a choice on where to go Coz has gin clear water more often than not. FL has less predictable conditions from my experience.

My choice of ops is Blue XT Sea (coz).

If you want a recommendation for the Keys try Conch Republic.

You don't need a car in Coz. You will in the Keys. That makes the trip costs fairly even.

Have fun....

Thanks everyone. This does help a lot. Perhaps I will try Cozumel this year.

As far as I know, most dive ops in Cozumel put a divemaster in the water with you. Only a few places in the Keys do this without an extra charge. Not a big deal for most people, but it was to me when I first started diving.

I went to Grand Cayman last summer, which is a lot more expensive than Cozumel. But when you figure in all the really good shore diving there, the per dive costs were pretty similar for me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom