Need people for boat dive in Monterey on 9/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ren127

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm traveling to Monterey for a race at Laguna Seca with my non-diving mom. I have a shore dive booked on Wednesday afternoon for Point Lobos, but would like to go out on a boat on Thursday September 15th. When we made these plans I didn't know the boats only go on weekends, and the 15th is my only option for a boat dive. I have talked to Sanctuary who will go with 6 and Beach Hopper II said they would see if they could get crew, and if so, they would go with 4. So I need 5 more for Sanctuary and 3 more for Beach Hopper II- either one is fine with me- or if you have another suggestion of another boat going out- I'm game.

Any chance some of you could help me get a boat filled?

If there aren't enough people for the boat- any other suggestions for diving on the 15th? I'd hate to drag gear and dry suit all the way to Monterey for one afternoon of 2 beach dives... :-(

Thanks,
Lauren

If there aren't enough people for the boat- any other suggestions for diving on the 15th? I'd hate to drag gear and dry suit all the way to Monterey for one afternoon of 2 beach dives... :-(

What about another afternoon of beach dives? We've got lots of good shore diving, and if you can't fill the boat, I may be able to swing a day off for some shore diving. Who are you diving with at Point Lobos?

I saw a recommendation for Bamboo Reef on the board- so I called them for the Point Lobos shore dive Wednesday afternoon. They called back and have one other for a boat Thursday morning so I'm one closer....

If that doesn't work out- I'm all game for more shore diving on Thursday.

Thanks,
Laurne

When the races are in I tend to shy away from diving in Monterey.... the traffic and hassle are sometimes are just too much. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Hola people! I'm with Ben. Race weekend are completely insane and I now stay away from Monterey during those times. Although, my wife and I slept in my car one time because we wanted to dive so bad but couldn't find a room to stay in. That was fun. Hadn't done that in 20 yrs and my back let me know it too! lol

I do hope you have a wonderful time Laurne. :D

I'll be in Monterey, looking to dive on the 15th (& 16th & 17th).

PM me. Let's get wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm traveling to Monterey for a race at Laguna Seca with my non-diving mom. I have a shore dive booked on Wednesday afternoon for Point Lobos, but would like to go out on a boat on Thursday September 15th. When we made these plans I didn't know the boats only go on weekends, and the 15th is my only option for a boat dive. I have talked to Sanctuary who will go with 6 and Beach Hopper II said they would see if they could get crew, and if so, they would go with 4. So I need 5 more for Sanctuary and 3 more for Beach Hopper II- either one is fine with me- or if you have another suggestion of another boat going out- I'm game.

Any chance some of you could help me get a boat filled?

Thanks,
Lauren

Where is this boat dive going to be? In the bay or Carmel?

Where is this boat dive going to be? In the bay or Carmel?

AFAIK, all the boats start out in Monterey and will head down to Carmel, conditions and diver requests permitting.

If we have our own group, the boat will go where we say (conditions permitting).

Well, I'm game, but I won't be able to sign on till my next payday, which is the 15th of this month.

Excellent!

Who is else wants in on a "private" charter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom