EFR Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So how does one go around finding an EFR Instructor Trainer in the area? PADI doesn't make it really easy to find an instructor (esp. independent one).

All (Most) PADI Course Directors are EFR Instructor Trainer

Yes, but not many (any) of those around here either :wink:

Perhaps I should work on getting EFR Instructor Trainer :wink:

Have you tried searching on the PADI shop locator service for IDC centres in your area ? Every IDC centre will have at least an affiliation with a CD...

Not to hijack, but if I managed to get an EFR Instructor and did the course and was unable to teach a course yearly, etc. (we have like a gazillion Instructors at the shop), would I still have to actually take the course every 2 years to maintain my DM status?

Not to hijack, but if I managed to get an EFR Instructor and did the course and was unable to teach a course yearly, etc. (we have like a gazillion Instructors at the shop), would I still have to actually take the course every 2 years to maintain my DM status?

nope, as long as you maintain your EFRi status, i.e) renew every two years and agreed to read all the Responders newsletter and keep yourself up-to-date, you don't have to retake the course every 2 years.

nope, as long as you maintain your EFRi status, i.e) renew every two years and agreed to read all the Responders newsletter and keep yourself up-to-date, you don't have to retake the course every 2 years.

Thanks. I thought I read somewhere that if you didn't teach the course within a year or 2 you had to take the course again. This may change my mind about doing EFR Instructor.

nope,you don't need to teach any course to maintain your teaching status as a EFRi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom