Vancouver Island Dive Site Parking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
To aid in diving sites that don't have washroom facilities I got a p-valve, my wife got an RV with a full bathroom - go figure.

Anyway, we're embarking on our first voyage to Vancouver Island next weekend and I'm wondering which sites around Victoria and Nanaimo have parking spaces suitable for an RV. The only sites I've visited so far (Tyee and Madrona) have very limited parking or would require a U-turn to get out which I don't think I'm capable of making in my "big rig". Can anyone suggest sites that have street parking or pull-through parking spots that might work for me?

Thanks.

Depending on the size of your RV you could be limited to the Breakwater.

Forget Willis Pt, Mckenzie Bight and Spring Bay.

You could try Henderson during the week days and early on the Week-end (prior to 9am) also Ten mile Pt.

Cheers.

Thanks for the suggestions. I think we'll give Henderson a try on Friday morning.

It's a small RV that we call "The Octopod" - dive flag hub caps and octopus decals on the sides, you can't miss it. If you see us, stop by for a post-dive beer.

I'm sure you are really going to enjoy your trip around the island.

At Tyee there is a small parking lot that you would be able to pull your RV into crosswise during a weekday as there probably isn't going to be many divers there at that time. Just continue on around the crescent and you come back out on the main road out again. Dolphin Beach is just before Tyee and if you can pull off the road far enough for cars to get by that is a good site at high tide - again just continue on and you come back to the main rd. Wall Beach has a parking lot that you can get into but will need to do 3-4 pt turn to get turned around again.

On the plus side, these are all sites without toilets for everyone except for you!

Thanks NDO! I'll give those sites a try.
See you on Monday for fills!

Back
Top Bottom