Patrol/Dive boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggy1

Reaction score
My Dept. Has been searching for a new patrol/dive boat for almost a year now and I think we have finally narrowed down our selection to a new Brunswick/Boston Whaler 24' Justice with a single 300hp Mercury Verado engine. It will have the removable side dive door as well. I am curious if any other dive teams or water patrol guys on here use the Justice model and if so,.... How do you like it.

Thanks,
Johnny Millwood
TCFWSD#1

I always feel you cannot go wrong with a Whaler, and you have picked a good engine. Just out of curiosity, did you guys look at Sea Ark? The build a good solid boat. I'm relatively certain that is who had built the City of Pittsburgh's River Rescue boats. Also had the dive door.

Boater Dan

Yeah we have a quote from Sea Ark as well for a 21' Commander center console with a dive door. Matter of fact one of our current boats is an older Sea Ark that we had reworked a few years ago, and it's been a tough boat. The Boston Whaler has really impressed us with the extra features that it has and the price is great as well. We priced a 21' Sea Ark Commander center console with a 225 Verado and we priced a 20' Brunswick with a 250 Verado and a 24' Brunswick Justice with a 300 Verado, and the 24' Justice was appx $37,000 less than the Sea Ark and we added many more add-ons to the 24' Justice over the Sea Ark. A big selling point for us is that the Brunswick will still float level when swamped and our Sea Ark rolled over and went under a few years ago when it took on heavy water and all that was left out of the water was the front bottom of the bow. We had been leaning towards an aluminum hull boat for the durability, but we have heard that the commercial grade fiberglass in the Brunswick boats are top notch.

We just ordered the 25 Guardian and should have it in about 3 months, decided on twin 200 Mercs. Can't wait...
25 Guardian : Lg Fuel Capacity : Center Console : Brunswick CGP

robbf213,
What agency are you with? We also got a quote on a 24' Rogue center console patrol/dive boat just recently. I personally like the reputation of toughness and reliability of the Brunswick boats but I think my Chief really wants an aluminum hull boat.

TPWD, We were looking into a custom pontoon type boat with a cabin heat/ac but couldn't make the purchasing work. Brunswick is apparenty on contract. After exploring lots of options this is what we decided on, one consideration was it being able to be pulled with our existing vehicles, 1/2 tons. Not as nice as a cabin, a T-top will be sufficent, built-in 1198 and towfish, tank racks and diver door. I'm sure we'll be happy with it.

Yeah,... all the boats that we have gotten bids on so far will have a built in 1198, tank racks and diver door with dive ladder, we can't afford the tow fish though. It sounds like it will be a nice setup for you guys. Yeah, we also have to have something that can be towed by 1/2 tons as well. Luckily for yall that will be a mission specific boat, "diving", ours will have to perform multiple functions, patrol, MSO stuff, construction & permit inspections, and for buoy tendering and diving as well.

That 24' Justice sure looks like a good option for a do-it-all boat, as much as you guys have got going on. I'd say very good choice.

robbf213,

It looks like we decided on an aluminum 23' center console Seahawk manufactured by North River Boats custom made to our specs. It will be powered by a 300HP Mercury Verado and will have a removable side dive door and removable fold-up dive ladder. I can't wait until Oct, 1st gets here, which is when our new budget takes effect, so we can place our order. They gave us a 90 day turn around time. I'll post some pics of it when it arrives.

PS,.... also keep me posted when yalls new boat arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom