Airfare in October?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beechdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Man what is up with the airfare to Coz?

Ive been watching for about a month now and it just keeps going up and up.

Im now looking at $626pp from BWI. I am trying to visit OCT 22-29 but I dont think I want to pay this much for a flight. (This is almost double what I paid last time I flew there)

This has to be hurting tourism

Did a quick look on Kayak and you can play with it down to like 480 if you use WAS and check the other two airports. Still I am here now on 340 out of IAD on Delta. It is a shorter run to than going to TX and back.

Just checked ITA,best deal is BWI to CUN on 22nd and fly back on the 27th CZM to BWI.Must book using multi-city and airfare is 327 dollars.Should be bookable on Orbitz but you will not be able to bundle package online,will have to call.

Beechdiver,

I booked a flight from Reagan National to Cozumel about two weeks ago with travel dates of Oct. 9 - 16. The fare was around $340. It had been $480, and was even higher out of BWI.

I was checking it almost every day and it did, in fact, dip on a Tuesday. It stayed down there for a couple days, then surged back up again. (This is on Delta.) You might want to wait until Tuesday to see if it repeats. (I've often heard that the lowest fares are published on Tuesdays.)

Ron

Beechdiver,
I was looking at prices, and was surprised how much the overall price drops when you bundle the air with lodging (as njones indicated).
Paul

Sorry I meant CZM-BWI on the 29th not the 27th.Flights are on American.It is bookable on Orbitz but as I said before cannot bundle package online.Must call and pay Orbitz 25.00 dollar booking fee.

Yea, I think Im still going to wait a while and see what happens. A lot of the cheaper flights I'm seeing are the ones with long layovers and next day arrivals (Thats not going to work for me.

Flying into CUN is an option that will save a few hundred dollars with 2 tickets but I really hate to play that game (Its vacation).

I really dont mind paying a little more to fly into Coz to save a hassle but thats kind of ridiculous.

Ill give it some more time

With the flights cut for low season I doubt if they will drop much.I am showing flight from BWI to CUN on the 22nd 6:10 am arriving CUN 12:45 pm leaving CZM on 29th 2:10 arriving BWI 10:40.Savings of 600 dollars will almost pay for diving.
I didn't use to like the bag drag but it really isn't to bad.50 dollars will get a private van to Playa and stop at Senor Frog for quick drink and snack if time allows.When I walk out of my house with my dive bag my adventure begins.

Sorry I meant CZM-BWI on the 29th not the 27th.Flights are on American.It is bookable on Orbitz but as I said before cannot bundle package online.Must call and pay Orbitz 25.00 dollar booking fee.
Orbitz has a $25 booking fee? They didn't charge me last year. :confused: I did tell them that I tried online first. Don't forget to request 100Vacation $100 discount.
Yea, I think Im still going to wait a while and see what happens. A lot of the cheaper flights I'm seeing are the ones with long layovers and next day arrivals (Thats not going to work for me.

Flying into CUN is an option that will save a few hundred dollars with 2 tickets but I really hate to play that game (Its vacation).

I really dont mind paying a little more to fly into Coz to save a hassle but thats kind of ridiculous.

Ill give it some more time
The weekend is the worst time to shop I think, with Tuesday morning usually the best. I prefer flying into CZM, but flying into CUN, renting a private van for 2, and the ferry is no big deal. At least you get to use a private taxi in Coz instead of the sardine can vans.
Beechdiver,
I was looking at prices, and was surprised how much the overall price drops when you bundle the air with lodging (as njones indicated).
Paul
Often, yes - no always, but it's common. That's the main reason I quit the hotel I used to stay at: Did not participate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom