I just don't get it, do you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is your capital I broken? <snicker>

Seeing as I've never stated my view on D*R I find it amazing that you know my standpoint.

Actually, you have ...

the wart:
I find it; as normal, an arrogant response from the GUE section of this board.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does anyone else think it's funny that we have a DIR troll thread in the Solo forum?

Is the "flame free zone" context aware?

well I for one understand everone's view and THAT is why I started the thread......We as solo divers in this forum need to post or do somthing that makes an Irrefutable statment and makes it abundantly clear that, We solo divers understand what it means to be one.
Maybe some kind of test to acses to this group, you see I don't know how this works.....I'm just a solo diver that came looking for ideas that my brothers and sister solo divers mite ofer up to me. I'm not here to make a statment, but I don't like getting slaped around by faseless people I will never meet or know.

So how about it. I don't know how all this on-line stuff works or I would do somthing about my self. I don't even know how to use the spell-coret

Or dose any of you know a forum that is a little more informitive without the bashing, name calling, rude minded poeple? Please tell use all

well I for one understand everone's view and THAT is why I started the thread......We as solo divers in this forum need to post or do somthing that makes an Irrefutable statment and makes it abundantly clear that, We solo divers understand what it means to be one.

Why? :huh: Who cares what others think? And why should we care to make it "abundantly clear" to anyone?

Maybe some kind of test to acses to this group, you see I don't know how this works.....I'm just a solo diver that came looking for ideas that my brothers and sister solo divers mite ofer up to me. I'm not here to make a statment, but I don't like getting slaped around by faseless people I will never meet or know.

So how about it. I don't know how all this on-line stuff works or I would do somthing about my self. I don't even know how to use the spell-coret

Or dose any of you know a forum that is a little more informitive without the bashing, name calling, rude minded poeple? Please tell use all

Really? Why are you letting any of this register on your give-a-**it meter?

I highly recommend the [-]TDI[/-] SDI Solo Diver manual, and class if you will. It's very informative and puts you in the mindset how to think about your solo dive. I liked it.

As for spelling correction . . . Use Firefox.

Last edited:
I don't consider someone else my brother or sister just because they choose to dive without a buddy ... people in diving I care about share a joy of diving, an acknowledgement that we're all responsible for our choices and their consequences, are respectful of the environment we dive in, and respect other people's choices ... however different from ours they might be.

As far as this forum goes, there are some rules for posting here that are stickied in the first couple of threads at the top of the forum ... in general, most people adhere to them. Overall, I find this to be a fairly flame-free place to discuss solo diving ... and I'm not sure you'll find anyplace on the Internet that's more informative or socially polite than what we have here.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why? :huh: Who cares what others think? And why should we care to make it "abundantly clear" to anyone?

Really? Why are you letting any of this register on your give-a-**it meter?

I highly recommend the TDI Solo Diver manual, and class if you will. It's very informative and puts you in the mindset how to think about your solo dive. I liked it.

As for spelling correction . . . Use Firefox.

Thank you diver! I have that manual, I was hopeing for more. But I'm like that, probly why I do alot of what I do. I'll tell you what books and dvds I have and if theres more reading you can tell me about I'm so for getting it.
SDI solo diving manual,solo diving the art of self-sufficiency,SSI wreck diving manual,Tec/rec equipment satup and key skills dvd,and I have the following PADI manuals and dvd's::underwater navigtion,werck diving,deep diving,search and recovery, I also have USN diving manuals 1,2,3,4,
The navy manuals are dry as dirt but far and away the best info, the PADI dvd's are like freaken cartoons and I hate them but there are some good usable demos in them.

The hardest part about having lots of informtion is putting it to use in a manner that you wont overload yourself. I put one of those aboveground pools in the yard, I doug out the one end so I can do s-drlls and this is where I add things the mix.

Thank you diver! I have that manual, I was hopeing for more. But I'm like that, probly why I do alot of what I do. I'll tell you what books and dvds I have and if theres more reading you can tell me about I'm so for getting it.
SDI solo diving manual,solo diving the art of self-sufficiency,SSI wreck diving manual,Tec/rec equipment satup and key skills dvd,and I have the following PADI manuals and dvd's::underwater navigtion,werck diving,deep diving,search and recovery, I also have USN diving manuals 1,2,3,4,
The navy manuals are dry as dirt but far and away the best info, the PADI dvd's are like freaken cartoons and I hate them but there are some good usable demos in them.

The hardest part about having lots of informtion is putting it to use in a manner that you wont overload yourself. I put one of those aboveground pools in the yard, I doug out the one end so I can do s-drlls and this is where I add things the mix.

Phooey - I corrected my post, I put "TDI" Solo Diver instead of "SDI" Solo Diver.

I personally like the TDI manuals best - the TDI Nitrox (not Advanced Nitrox, but Nitrox) to be the best thing I've read. However, all manuals have some snippet to learn . . . sometimes you just have to dig a little deeper.

In spite of the holier-than-thou's on this board, Good For You for practicing in the pool! If you cannot dive often, that helps you keep your skills in shape for when you do get to dive. If you cannot find a buddy to watch you and critique, get a underwater camera and video yourself. You'll see if you move up or down in the water column as you do your mask removal and replace, or s-drill.

The PADI vids are a bit of a joke. The guy doing press-ups in dbls is not helping the PADI Tec/Rec image. But they are clear and cover the information.
Not as dry; but still pretty dry are the IANTD tecnical diving encyclopedia (old version, not the horrible Tao of Underwater Survival) and Kevin Gurr's Technical diving from the bottom Up. However some great articles in their on equipment configuration.
The TDI (haven't seen the SDI ones) manuals, I thought pitched themselves to0 far towards a PADI model, but without the photos. They are trying to make tech diving more accesible, but I think a lot of stuff gets missed in their manuals.

Nice. :cheers: Good luck, you and Doug :D

Seriously though, it's a good idea to run through ideas.

Back
Top Bottom