Miflex HP Blowout! Eeek!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's how mine blew. But I did send it back to XSScuba through my LDS and it was replaced at no charge with the newer style (has a tiny hose protector on the 1st stage end) and I haven't had any problems with it in since. I haven't heard of any problems with the updated style of HP Miflex hoses.

elena, have 10 dives on the HP and LP milflex hoses that were installed(recommended by you and larry ) @ your shop(annual regulator service) a few weeks back and they are performing wonderfully. our 100HP tanks have been filled to 3500-3700lbs, love those hoses,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Why isn't a CPSC Recall in order? THIS IS A PROBLEM, AND A SIGNIFICANT SAFETY ONE AT THAT!!!!!

I have gone through 3 Miflex high pressure hoses. I am using an Oceanic Pro Plus 2. Everyone leaked at the fitting between the conectors on the hose it self. Dive shop is returning them to Xs Scube and going to try Oceanic hose. All the rest of my hose are Miflex and no problems.

Apparently this was an issue with some of the early HP hoses. XSScuba did take back & replace the faulty hoses. The new hose design now comes with a small hose protector sleeve and redesigned connections. Since my HP hose was replace a year ago, no problems. My LP hoses have been taking the abuse I give them for almost 3 yrs.

elena, have 10 dives on the HP and LP milflex hoses that were installed(recommended by you and larry ) @ your shop(annual regulator service) a few weeks back and they are performing wonderfully. our 100HP tanks have been filled to 3500-3700lbs, love those hoses,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Phil, Glad you are enjoying them.

As I read this I am reminded of all the anti-air integration post.

Funny, an air integrated computer could have saved the day...but so could a spare hose.

Too many reports, of bursting and not only at the ends. Contacted Miflex UK they sent me free of charge some "strain relief boots" wasn't convinced, threw the hose in the bin. I bought one of the Phantoms, was cheaper and had the bonus of actually being able to swivel the SPG which the Miflex would not, once pressurized it would lock solid and I could not rotate SPG, as per another poster on this thread I always had to make sure it was orientated as I liked it before turning air on, not a biggy but slightly annoying none the less. No issues with the Phantom to date, around 80 dives.

if you're OK with 33" HP hoses, Leisure Pro is selling STAINLESS STEEL BRADED KEVLAR HP hoses @ $ 45.00 each......I've already used them successfully on 2 Aqualung Titan LX regs in Belize (2 weeks ago, 25 dives) and have been VERY pleased with them. I've bought/installed something close to $ 1000 worth of MIFLEX LP hoses on 9 of my reg sets, and have been very happy with them, but I never ever even tried any MIFLEX HP hoses due to their ongoing 'issues'......but when I discovered the SS braded ones, I bought 16 of them, and I'm in the middle of installing them across the rest of my 9 reg sets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom