100+ Degree's and not a cloud in the sky...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Horn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
That is, until I decide to ditch work a couple hours early and drive to the lake for a quick dive. By the time I get down there we have 30 mile per hour winds, lightning everywhere, very choppy water (for us), and visibilty that is worse than a chocolate malt. Some days you just cant win. :shakehead: Well maybe tomorrow. Since today wasn't my day, who's was it? Did anyone else here have a good dive?

I did that yesterday. Only 97 degrees, though. My buddy and I hit the quarry. It was sheer hell getting suited up in an 8 mm semidry, but it was 44 degrees at 86 ft...I would call it "exhilarating"...

103 in NYC and 108 in Newark. Fortunately, I dived a ways up in CT where it was only 101. For a guy who spent most of life in Northern Manitoba, even gearing up quickly in a shortie was interesting.

Too hot here today for a dive with actual temps reaching 104F and heat index of 115F. Had plans of diving tomorrow but with temps about 100F and heat index of 112F I might have to pass little too hot to be getting suited up and with it 11pm here and still93F doesn't look like its goin to be good.

Man I know what you mean about suiting up. The last time I went a few weeks ago, I just dove skins and swim shorts. I had to stay reasonably shallow, but it felt good to dip in and out of the thermo-cline.

Here we're on the other extreme right now: 12°C or 53F and raining. Changing at a car park in the woods by the lake won't be fun when I go diving later... and we're talking Germany here!

Come to Texas in the summer... We are used to this weather! :) (Doesn't mean we like it, either. :wink: )

I hate summer, especially this one. over 30 days of 100+ temps, almost zero rainfall in the last month. Lakes and rivers are drying and stagnating, so much algea that you can't 3 feet in front of you. Then, if you WANT to dive you have pray you don't get heat stroke just from gearing up.

Back
Top Bottom