Suunto Cobra Depth Sensor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dive shop tech called it "Self Diving" and said it was a know issue with Cobra's. Mine was 4.5 years old when it happened to me. Suunto replaced the cobra at no charge.

Aqualung can't track who they sold the computer to?

My Suunto Cobra tanked on our Bonaire trip this month. I shipped to Florida for repair at authorized repair facility. With a receipt from an authorized dealer, together with a purchase within the last five years, Suunto will replace for free. Unfortunately, mine is 5 years, 8 months old and I was told I was SOL. Looks like I am buying a new computer. It will NOT be a Suunto though. :(

My Suunto Cobra tanked on our Bonaire trip this month. I shipped to Florida for repair at authorized repair facility. With a receipt from an authorized dealer, together with a purchase within the last five years, Suunto will replace for free. Unfortunately, mine is 5 years, 8 months old and I was told I was SOL. Looks like I am buying a new computer. It will NOT be a Suunto though. :(

ًWhy wouldn't you?

That's a LOT more than anyone else.

I know this is an old thread, just looking for some info on Cobra's. If I read this right you had your computer in your checked luggage. The owner of the shop where I bought my very firts gear told me never to check your computer, as they might not survive this, especially the depth sensor.

Since then I never checked them, and never had a problem

I think the only concern with checking would be theft or lost luggage. The type of depth sensors typically used in dive computers will not be harmed by the low pressures in airline baggage compartments. Typically sensor failures come from a failure of the very delicate sealing gel in the sensor allowing water to intrude where it does not belong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom