Donsol in late july, places to stay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrWizard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
4 Divers, 2 tech/2 aow ...

My wife found Giddys, looks like our kind of place, especially since they appear to mix nitrox :D Any other options/opinions?

if you are going to donsol in july then it is only to dive. I would stay at the ticao island resort on ticao island itelf. they mix nitrox and are only 30 mins away from manta bowl and 40 mins from san miguel island as compared for the 1 and a half hour boat ride you will have to endure from donsol to the dive sites.

I stayed at The Vitton Beach Resort in January and was disappointed .. It seemed overpriced for what it was but they were building some new rooms at the time.. These should be finished now. With hindsight I would have stayed at Giddys in Donsol town itself.. Great bar with good food.. And was also being improved with new rooms and a roof top bar. It is run by an English couple, my friend Russell who, as an instructor, also runs their dive centre.

Well, we are here in Giddys. First dives tomorrow. The rooms are okay, the food in the restaurant is excellent. The dive staff seems good. They will let my wife and I drop on our own (which we kind of prefer) and we will go look inside some of the caves/cutouts around San Miguel and see what there is to see ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom