Can someone run down which tanks work best for DIR style stage bottles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got any pictures of floating several Lux 40's or 80's on a leash? (A picture being worth a thousand words and all.)

Hows this one ? :) (No, it's not me!)

12-rhea_42306_0035.jpg

Hymark al80 i a good replacement for luxfer it rides the same. My buddy has a Hy-mark stage I tried it many times and cannot tell the difference

Since Hy-mark seems to be much much easier for us to get in the Pacific, can anyone else confirm that the Hy-mark S80 rides like a Luxfer S80?

Does the Hy-Mark AL40 also ride like a luxfer AL40?

I can confirm the Hy-Mark Al40 rides like a Luxfer Al40. Haven't tried the Hy-Mark Al80.

I can say that hymark al6 used for inflation rides exactly like luxfer al6

So given that 2 sizes of tanks from hymark ride the same as luxfer there is a great chance that al80 will rode the same :wink:

Has anyone tried the new Worthington Al cylinders and know how they ride?

Worthington Aluminum Scuba Cylinder Specifications - Imperial

What I heard: Hymark was bought out by Worthington, and so Worthington tanks are actually Hy-Mark. At least that was what I was counting on.

Worthington Industries to Acquire Hy-Mark Cylinders - MFRTech

Got no idea about the truth of this, but when I said I could get Hy-Mark, I met the ones from XS Scuba which are in fact, currently actually Worthington.

I was assuming that Worthington was not for no reason going to change the buoyancy characteristics, but that's why I am buying a couple to try before I buy a rental lot full of them.

I heard Hy-Mark was Chinese. I have an issue with that and would refuse to purchase them if that was the case, so I hope it isn't so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom