Setting up hoses on a doubles set.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have the Tek3's and have my primary and lp inflator hose for my wings on the right post. I have my backup, SPG and drysuit inflator on my left post.

That's how I set it up. I will probably get a shoter LPI hose than the one provided with my wing. I think I'll probably switch the hose on the other side on my secondary and not loop it behind my neck. Seems like it would put unneeded stress on the hose, and since the XTX regs are reversible, I don't see why not. It would still run form the back up post.

These sound like excellent questions for your instructor... Why not take notes and ask him... isn't that why you are taking the class?

Absolutely, however, I like having at least a small clue when doing something new. Showing up with the gear properly set up or at least, damn close to what he's likely to have me set my gear like, and knowing why is part of that.

For what it's worth, my instructor is both a TDI and IANTD instructor, so we'll see if he has a way he wants gear set up in accordance to any possible TDI guidelines.

Thanks for posting that again. The last time i read it I didn't notice the section on the 5 LP port first stage.
That looks much tidier and like it would put a lot less stress on the hoses.
Are there any disadvantages to using the 5 port swivel turret?

Why was diaphram chosen for the right primary post, but piston for the left?

No reasoning behind the diaphragm/piston on left/right. I had both so I used 1 of each to illustrate hose routing only.

How does using an argon bottle negate the need to have a BC and BC hose???

I have no freaking idea what I was thinking about when I typed what I did. Post edited, and I admit fully to being a complete moron. :shakehead:

Feel free to put me on the "Top idiots I'd never ever dive with" list.:shakehead:

Absolutely, however, I like having at least a small clue when doing something new. Showing up with the gear properly set up or at least, damn close to what he's likely to have me set my gear like, and knowing why is part of that.

For what it's worth, my instructor is both a TDI and IANTD instructor, so we'll see if he has a way he wants gear set up in accordance to any possible TDI guidelines.

ok then... I would hate for you to miss out on a detailed instructor led discussion on what is rigged where, how and why... as you see in this thread there are already some differences of opinion. He might take a look at your rig and assume you already know the what/where/how & why of the setup.

ok then... I would hate for you to miss out on a detailed instructor led discussion on what is rigged where, how and why... as you see in this thread there are already some differences of opinion. He might take a look at your rig and assume you already know the what/where/how & why of the setup.

We already discussed that this is my first bp/w, thanks for the concern anyways. The guy is a great instructor so this should be a good day

That's how I set it up. I will probably get a shoter LPI hose than the one provided with my wing. I think I'll probably switch the hose on the other side on my secondary and not loop it behind my neck. Seems like it would put unneeded stress on the hose, and since the XTX regs are reversible, I don't see why not. It would still run form the back up post.

Shorter LPI can be nice, just be sure that it matches the size of the corrogated hose. I like shorter corrogated (and matching LPI). Less dangling.

There's probably a few arguements against routing the secondary reg around from the left, but those are mostly going to come from a technical diving perspective. The only rec issue I can think of from the top of my mind is that it would complicate remove/replace of the scuba unit, as you would normally remove this from the left side first... possibly some confusion with a long hose, if you're using that also, as you'd have a hose flowing around where the long hose was looped.

The rationale for crossing hoses behind the head is that it possibly allows you to hear bubbles coming from the hoses easier.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom