Travelling with Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always carry your reg with you. TSA Rules allow them to fly... and I wouldn't take my chances with several hundred dollars of my most important equipment going in coach. I have had my bags rifled through and stolen from several times before and I am certain a reg would dissapear in a heartbeat. TSA has always asked me to go through my bag when it goes through the machine, but then sends me on my way.

I fly Southwest so everything goes below (free). Never had a problem.

Anybody have experience carrying on regulators? Is this an OK thing or do they have to be in your checked baggage?

As others (regs, computer, point in shoot in the one personal item allowed in cabin + carry-on and never had a problem (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Cozumel, Bahamas, Cuba, etc).

The OP is Canadian. I wonder if he is connecting through the US. Are the rules and regulations different for flights originating in Canada? Just askin.

No...as stated in my previous post on the subject...Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto being international canadian airports

Always carry-on my regs, computers, mask, & compass. Israel, Japan, USA. BCD, wetsuit, & Fins in checked, though I did here of on SB guy wearing his BCD as a jacket :) .

I plan on taking my pony bottle on a SW flight from Oregon to California (Monterey - Kelp beds) - take off valve and have it vis'd at on location shop. The 19cf tank will be in check-in and I will bring the reg with my on carry-on.

p.s. I do carry a copy of TSA's regs that spell out that Regs are OK. I've got to remember to remove that small very sharp knife from my Reg hose!!!

I have a young daughter going to Barbados with me tomorrow. That means carry on is for diapers, creams, spare changes of clothing, water bottle (empty of course), baby entertainment, . . . , extra ointment, . . . diaper bags, . . .

Regs, BCD, computer, etc are going checked in (wrapped up in clothing). Only diving components going hand luggage are the log books because these are irreplaceable.

I carried mine all over Europe earlier this summer while I was wandering about on holiday, never had any issues except the obvious odd looks from security :cool2:

We always carry our regs, computers, and my full face mask in our carry on backpacks. They have never been given a second look by TSA.

Back
Top Bottom