Big Blue dive lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have just bought a 1300 lumens LED can light from Big Blue. Has anyone used these lights. I bought it because the price was relatively cheap, and I needed it in a hurry far a dive later this week. I have used the Big Blue 250 lumen back up lights for a while and they seem to be well made and have worked flawlessly for two years( I have a pair mounted on a helmet) and have had them down to 150FSW. Any opinions on the can light would be appreciated, I hope I didn't waste my money, let me know.

Bueller?.........Bueller?...............

I have used the Big Blue 250 lumen back up lights for a while and they seem to be well made and have worked flawlessly for two years( I have a pair mounted on a helmet).
I can't address the can light question, but will hijack for a moment. I have been thiniking about buying a Big Blue 250 as an experiement. You appear to be satisfied with yours. You mention having a head-mounted pair of them. Do you ever use them as primary lights at all? If so, do they provide 'enough' light (recognizing that 'enough' may be quite subjective)? I have been considering them as a possible recommendation for a flashlight-style primary light for the recreational diver who doesn't want to go to a can light level of expense, but also doesn't want a pistol grip (or lantern style) unit, and wants a reasonable light for night diving. Would welcome your thoughts.

I have just bought a 1300 lumens LED can light from Big Blue. Has anyone used these lights. I bought it because the price was relatively cheap, and I needed it in a hurry far a dive later this week. I have used the Big Blue 250 lumen back up lights for a while and they seem to be well made and have worked flawlessly for two years( I have a pair mounted on a helmet) and have had them down to 150FSW. Any opinions on the can light would be appreciated, I hope I didn't waste my money, let me know.

How did you get on with it?

I like the can light as well as the 250 lumen lights. I've had all of them to 220 feet and they were great. I would recommend them to anyone. Money well spent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom