A Big Shout Out To Scotti The Duck (Gabe Scotti of Kaimana Divers)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had my first ocean dive on June 7th with Gabe and Anna (DM) after becoming PADI certified. They made it very easy and a lot of fun. We swam with turtles, saw an eel, etc. It was a great experience. I highly recommend seeking out Gabe Scotti if visiting Oahu for a dive.

Tomorrow I depart from HI (sniff).

Not knowing where else to post, and not wishing to start another thread, I'd like to offer the following observations from my personal experience diving through Gabe.

1. It was awesome and I'd do it again in a heartbeat (I did ten dives over several days). In fact, I would pass by closer shops just to deal with him/Drew since my experience with them was awesome;
2. I am not used to having a dive shop pick me up at my hotel and drop me back there after the dives. Gabe did this, at no additional cost. This service is awesomely appreciated in a city such as Honolulu which has lousy traffic that a local can navigate with more proficiency than a GPS;
3. I got the feeling that, with Gabe, you are more likely to dive (be it in inclement weather, etc.). When one captain canceled his trip owing to wind, Gabe called another, then another. That day everyone canceled. However, he seems to know most of the local operators and can find out quickly if anyone is left diving that day; and
4. The DM/Guide/Instructor Gabe used, Drew, was excellent.

Just wanted to say that I was lucky enough to get Gabe as my instructor for an Open Water Class around 2005 or 2006. He was working at a dive shop on Hickam. Anyhow, this was a bit before he started his own shop. Gabe was a fantastic teacher, and if I still lived in HI I would be diving with him a lot. Lol I wholeheartedly recommend him and his shop. Now, how do I get back to HI, these cold high altitude lakes are not so fun......

I just finished up a few dives with Gabe and Liv on a work trip I was stuck on. got recommended by another diver in the PNW glad I did. Diving with this team was awesome it was like diving with people you have known and dove with for a long time, like a club dive. Unlike other tropic dive teams that you might sometimes get stuck with I was lucky that I had all professional skilled divers in my group's. so we really got to have a lot of fun exploring, did a reef clean up dive one day that was a hoot, pulled about 15lbs of fishing led off the sea-floor!

The team was super laid back and hawaii style but takes scuba safety seriously, cant tell you the last time I dove tropical and the DM/Guide actually stopped the group for a 1/2 deepest depth deco stop! nice. we planned the dive and dove the plan! I was super impressed and had an awesome time. now the only issue I have is trying to find time to get back for some real vacation diving and not just a quick work weekend dive! thanks again guys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom