Pressure sending unit on hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharkey01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to move my wireless pressure transducer off my first stage a bit, using a 6" HP hose. Does anyone run a similar setup? Any foreseeable problems?
Thanks

I know a few people that do it. It will work fine, but I don't understand why they do it. Now it takes more space in the bag and has the chance to flop around instead of staying put bolted to the first stage.

Why do you want to move it?

do ya really want to be using your HP transmitter as a 'tank banger' ?

I use a 6 inch hose with my oceanic transmitter because with the Poseidon first stage there is not enough real estate between the hoses to allow the transmitter to screw into the first stage directly. You will need to purchase an HP swivel or it will tend to leak. The swivel is exactly the same one that is used with the oceanic pressure gauge in my case. I have not had any problems with them banging or getting in the way.

Good luck
Rich
PS. XS Scuba has a 4 inch hose that I have just ordered but havent used yet... may want to consider that. And the MaxFlex look kind of cool.

I have a pair of mk25s in a doubles setup, and the angle for the cleanest hose routing puts the sender in a spot where 1. It partially blocks valve access and 2. Becomes a possible additional snag point. I figure if I can secure it to a hose with a couple of tie wraps it'll be out of the way, and less likely to get banged around.

Thanks for the idea for using a swivel, I'll look into that.

I have a Galileo sender on a pair of Mk25's and on the outer HP port of the right tank (as you were them) it only slightly blocks the valve but not a problem to shut down and it is lower than the valve so no way a snag hazzard. I would prefer mt sender to be secure than floating around in the dive box also.

Some years ago, when senders were not as common as today, I saw a DM on Roatan try to lift a rig by that convenient "handle." The sender snapped off in his hand. In addition to a really pissed off owner, there was the problem of removing the stub from the reg so that a conventional SPG could be installed. I suspect that a short hose would prevent this type of faus pas.

I have my transmitter on a short 9" hose with a quick disconnect. It does not flop around because I loop it back around so that it sits between the wing and cylinder. It tucks into that space very nicely. Works great as it is out of the way and there is no chance of the deck dork grabbing it as described above.

BTW What DiversInc is talking is not a swivel but a spool. There are two variations (see the second and third items) Hoses - Hose Accessories - Northeast Scuba Supply

Deck dork shouldn't be lifting the tank by any part of the regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom