Suunto Dive software DM4 to be mac compatible in the fall of 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scared Silly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Got an email blurb from Suunto this morning:

Dear Suunto dive computer owner,

You can now get even more from your Suunto dive computer and discover a new online diving experience!

Download the new Suunto Dive software, DM4, and transfer your dives to Movescount.com, Suunto's online sports community. Movescount is a unique, free service where all divers can share their passion for diving. The Suunto DM4 is compatible with Windows and - from fall 2011 - with Mac too.

Windoz version is available now: Movescount.com - Powered by Suunto

Just put DM4 (windows version) on my laptop. It's a dog, most of the info held in DM3.1 is lost in the "upgrade", no obvious place to record notes, equipment, etc etc. If this is what is going to be available for MAC then I don't want it. They are trying to resurrect the online movescount bull. Very disappointed. I think I might be forced into a third party application.

I agree with you JB, I just installed it and it's coming off if I can't figure where to record notes, gear, etc.. Maybe it just give you that option when you download new dives? I'll have to give that a try and see what happens.

I just posted a similar rant on the Aqualung forum. I sure hope Suunto can do better than DM4.

I think I saw them mention on Twitter that there is some kind of workaround to make sure data isn't lost in the upgrade and that they were going to be posting a guide to do so. It was only 140 characters, so I'm not sure on details, but it sounds like they know there are some issues.

They'd be better served by having the online crap as an option, and allowing you to enter and use the data locally. I've already posted a note on the Suunto site letting them know how I feel

Suunto may be moving backwards, but for Mac users there's a great program out there that talks to Suunto computers: macdive - home

I used the older 3.1.0 suunto dive manager software but hadn't gone diving since last September so I checked for a new version before downloading dives and found DM4. I installed this and I cannot even manage to connect with my suunto vytec (not ds model). I am using a serial to usb adapter but it worked before and windows 7 does recognize the device connected via usb. I also tried it on my laptop and it doesn't connect there either. Terrible.

Any other dive managment software out there people are using that would download from my vytec? Seems like it may be time to find something else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom