Light and Motion Sola 1200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jorbar1551

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone used this as a primary dive light? I can get a helluva deal on one, and I have only heard good things about them.

+1 Spill the beans!

I kind of a "I work across the street from you, can you hook me up" kind of deal. Haha

How about a "I work across the street from you, can you hook us up for a group buy" kind of deal?

I have a contact that can get them in the low $500's

I have one and used it as a primary light, just playing around. Works great and my buddies turned their lights off and relied on the Sola 1200. Doesn't last long at full power.

Biggest drawback - The velcro wrist straps - HATE THEM. I have tried emailing Light & Motion but get no reply. They don't have a phone number that you can call so I'm very disappointed in the customer service. Want to try and rig a goodman handle that will collapse into my drysuit pocket.

So there you have it.

I love mine (used as video lights though... flood vs spot). However I think one of mine has a bad battery. I'm sure L&M will take care of that when I get back to SoCal. They've always been great on support.

yup - real hard to find that phone number prominently displayed on thier website

Light and Motion
300 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA. 93940

I have one and used it as a primary light, just playing around. Works great and my buddies turned their lights off and relied on the Sola 1200. Doesn't last long at full power.

Biggest drawback - The velcro wrist straps - HATE THEM. I have tried emailing Light & Motion but get no reply. They don't have a phone number that you can call so I'm very disappointed in the customer service. Want to try and rig a goodman handle that will collapse into my drysuit pocket.

So there you have it.

The new handles won't fit last years lights.... which sucks as those velcro strips stink.
Early adopters kinda got hung out on this.

but still they are nice lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom