death at kirkfeild today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
a diver died at kirkfeild today ,he was pronounced at the scene(i will not post his name yet ) but was a member of our scuba club he was on atraining course ( not ow) i will post details later ..please pray for his family thx

Heard this... very sad. I heard this from a couple of guys from our group that was up there. I have a bit of an overview of what happened. Won't post details, but I am very interested in what the autopsy will reveal.

RIP - sorry again... very, very sad.

Some of our friends were on site as the event took place, it's always very disturbing to hear when one of ours passes :) My condolences to the family and his dive buddies that were involved in the course. may he RIP :(((

The Quarry is a pretty safe dive spot to run courses in and at a max depth of 40-50ft with all the attractions being at 30sh ft or so. Naturally alot of questions will follow now and hopefully we can all learn from our fellow divers mistakes.

to ABNFROG... you dont have to answer this but were you the instructor or involved in the course in any way?

I was there completing my open water dive and was on shore when this all happened. I am too very curious as to what the autopsy will reveal.

RIP. My condolence to the families.

unlikely from the depth of the Quarry, even if so!! then what caused it?? my buddies were diving near by and the events say otherwise. I question the instructor and shops experience and professionalism here, care to comment here ABN FROG?

no i was not the instructor , he was one of the club members of the same club i belong too , cave boy why would you question the shop or the exsperience or proffessionalism , do you know something of what happend , or just stirring a pot ?

i noticed you just joined cave boy with almost a thousand dives ? impressive all cave dives i assume?

Abnfrog, just a heads up... Take it for how you want... But if you are an instructor and were there and part of the group that this gent was with... I'd limit what you post online. Should this go to any kind of legal action what you post here can easily be obtained via subpoena if you are named in a lawsuit

Either way this is not the time to dissect it, or to point fingers... And esp stir the pot. It's sad, I'm curious to what happened but we won't find that out until an autopsy is conducted.

I say lung over expansion as I heard there was a significant amount of blood... Who knows, I heard it was extremely busy and with that many people in the water, the vis would have been even worse than it normally is.

But again, it's very sad, too close to home... RIP

Abnfrog, just a heads up... Take it for how you want... But if you are an instructor and were there and part of the group that this gent was with... I'd limit what you post online. Should this go to any kind of legal action what you post here can easily be obtained via subpoena if you are named in a lawsuit

Either way this is not the time to dissect it, or to point fingers... And esp stir the pot. It's sad, I'm curious to what happened but we won't find that out until an autopsy is conducted.

I say lung over expansion as I heard there was a significant amount of blood... Who knows, I heard it was extremely busy and with that many people in the water, the vis would have been even worse than it normally is.

But again, it's very sad, too close to home... RIP

1 i was not there, but the people that were there ARE friends of mine thats why i got alittle hot at your comment, as there are all good instructors and good people ,2 i talked with people who were there at the time,yes we will find out what happend in due course and yes it is vert sad. i have been told tonight that he WAS a past member of the club but did not renew this year, and 3 i know the law very well better than most ,i dont point fingers ,thats what i thought you were doing ,i was just informing people of the accident thats all , again pray for his family thx

Back
Top Bottom