Buoyancy AHHH!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You have it backwards... The lighter cylinder weight would make the diver more buoyant, requiring less BC air and improving bubble stability.

This could be the point where the OP is getting underweighted and strugling on the edge.

It could also be that the diver is correctly weighted but trim is breaking down. The light cylinder could be reefing up on the upper body with a sensation of light overall buoyancy leading to the inflater dancce. Try moving 2-4 pounds higher on the body in trim pockets or on cam bands.

Pete

I bet it's this, compounded by the fact the diver was in shallow waters, where a change in depth of only 5' has the greatest impact on the air in your BC/wing.

Thanks everybody I will take your advice into consideration on the next dive. 101 Recon, I'll get back to you about a dive after the move.

I just had to post this pic of Herman totin' a rock.(He posed):D

FL72115.jpg

Bad pic.:wink:But a great demonstration of buoyancy control.Watching 2 guys with no BCD's pick up and drop rocks on the new B-ball court was fun as well as educational.It shows what your lungs can do without needing a BCD.Thanks for the dive guys.

Back
Top Bottom