Great White off Central Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BVickery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is NOT me, but since a lot of you love sharks like I do, thought I'd show you some nice, though brief footage of what the diver estimates to be between 12-15' Great White in 170' of water.

The Great White is seen about the 3:00minute mark, before that is him spearfishing.
[video=youtube;fkzPdUAOYWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzPdUAOYWI[/video]

Think this is some great footage in showing that Great Whites aren't the mindless eating machines some people try to make them out to be.

He really kept his cool. Great video!

I would have started breathing faster, waited 2min and gotten out. He REALLY kept his cool.

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! very cool vid.

FYI. Here in Jupiter the Bulls recognize the sound of a gun. Maybe the GW did as well.

I would have reloaded in record time...usually they comeback for a second look!!!

Wow! very cool vid.

FYI. Here in Jupiter the Bulls recognize the sound of a gun. Maybe the GW did as well.

Yah, I saw a vid about that too. Its amazing when you look at it. Bulls going nuts just from the sound of a speargun and the shark cruising by letting the diver be as he is spearfishing.

I would have reloaded in record time...usually they comeback for a second look!!!

From what he said, he actually did reload fast with a powerhead in case the shark was going to turn aggressive. Otherwise, he was very happy to let it go on its merry way.

so after two shots and hits, with nothing on the stringer was he planning on loading with the second or third band to actually get the fish or was he just down there shooting them for fun?

so after two shots and hits, with nothing on the stringer was he planning on loading with the second or third band to actually get the fish or was he just down there shooting them for fun?

Wasn't there, but he did bring up like a 45# Jack or something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom