Water temperature Saba, St. Kitts & St. Martin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone please post avg water temperature in this vicinity in May/June? Trying to make an exposure protection decision for an upcoming trip. Thanks

I was trying to get an idea of the actual water temperature this month. Any thermoclines at all? Unlike the previous years this December the water temp in Cozumel fell to around 77F which made diving in a 3/2/2 suit very uncomfortable to say the least...which is why I am checking. Thanks.

I was trying to get an idea of the actual water temperature this month. Any thermoclines at all? Unlike the previous years this December the water temp in Cozumel fell to around 77F which made diving in a 3/2/2 suit very uncomfortable to say the least...which is why I am checking. Thanks.

Right now it's 80f there are no thermoclines, I dive a full 3mm and only get a little chilly on a 3rd dive, a rash guard under your suit might help a little. The water is warming quickly, not good going into hurricane season.

Just got back. Water was 82-85 F most dives according to my computer, warm enough for a 3mm full suit for me.

Dove there June 12-17. Used Oceanic GEO which records the lowest temperature encountered on each dive. All dives were recorded at 80F-81F. I was comfortable in my 5-4-3 using beanie and gloves.
Averaged 3 dives / day. 63 min. / dive

Thanks, I dove there this June and encountered 82-84F based on my VT3. Pretty decent diving on French side of Saint Martin by the way. We liked Creole Rock - especially impressive were the Eagle rays...in June....

What dive operators did you use? Octopus has gotten lots of positive feedback on SB but I'd be interested in hearing whom you selected.

Back
Top Bottom