PNW divers MASSACRE at Possesion Point

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VooDooGasMan

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok now I have to harp on the dive boats and the spearo's that were Killing all the little ling, You all seen the fish police out there checking boats, but instead of killing a big ling, you shot and left the small ones and there were alot of them, also wounded many of them.

Even if new at it, the vis was 30' easy, You are not going to tell me you did not know size, the fish police is the reason you left them.

An angler told me dive boats were all over there, and asked why do they go there only.

When I took a peak before I left the sea for the day, It was like wow, why?

There are only little ling on the wall, seals, sealions, are most of the reason.

There are so many places to find Legal 26" to 36" big ling, go find them.

Happy Diving

Not sure, but as the anglers and I talked today, the weekend was a free weekend of no fish licence, so that might be the case and the fish police were over there also.

Happy Diving

As a "retired" spearfisherman, I have no dog in this fight. I wonder why with all of this talk about the slot limit you never hear of anyone shooting a fish which is too big? I went on a boat off Possession where all of the others were hunting. They all brought back a fish near the maximum limit.

They must think the fine is more, I am sure they have speared in the 36" ta 40" and can figure what is 36" after that.

But really you know when a ling is big enough to spear, and too spear the little guys is not fair. Like I say though free licence for week end could of meant new spearo's.

Yes there are huge ling all over.

Now that ling is over, Cabezon is the only fun and good size we have to spear, that is what to learn to spear on.

Not a boat fishing in sight, right now in front of my house. Now I can cover some ground on fast current areas, not that the anglers had a problem with me, it was a very fun and happy topside out there this year. A lot of mooring over night going on than usual, which made it fun on the sunny nights.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom