Advise please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tanyadeweymarn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi. I am trying to work out where to go on holiday at the end of may, begining of june. I am a fair weather diver who loves the clear water and lots of fish and I don't particularly like strong currents, poor viz and choppy sea (yes, I know I probably sound like a wuss but I do it for fun and that's what I find fun :))

I like to have a bit to do out of the water as well (going to see stuff occasionally) but my main must have is some good safe diving this time (not managed to dive for a year)

We are thinking maybe Madagasgar or South Africa (or possibly malaysia or bahamas/barbados but I realise this is the wrong bit of the forum but you may know).... was wondering if you had any comments, recommendations of where and with whom etc
Thank you very much for your help
Tanya
x

Check your PMs

May, June is winter time in South Africa. Up the eastern coast where most of the diving is done is a bit 50/50 as a cold front may sweep up the coast and there will be a big swell running. BUT June is the start of the whale season. We spent 3 wks Moz in July a few years back and nearly every dive we heard whales and on the boat trips out to the dive sites we would see whales breaching. We were often only a few hundred meters from them. Viz during this time is around 10-15m max. Africa is an adventure! BUT I'd going in March/ April BEST time of the year for the entire region.

May/ June in Bali should be great. Or Sipadan in Malaysia.... the list goes on and on.

Thank you for your help. Ended up in Malaysia . Tioman, mabul and sipadan. LOVELY!

Now want more!
Thanks again
Tanya

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom