Anyone going to Rawlings July 3rd or 4th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicholasb83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be in Richmond over July 4th weekend and I'm looking to dive Rawlings. I've never dove there before and I'm a newbie.

I was OW certified in 2009, however, I haven't had much of a chance to dive since then. (Other than goofing around in the pool a few times.)

Are there any groups or singles diving there that weekend who don't mind taking on an extra person? :D

Also, does anyone know of any "find a dive buddy" mechanisms for Rawlings or the Richmond area. I realize SB has a buddy finder, but I haven't found it to be too effective.

Thanks,

B

We have not decided on if we will go out this weekend, but if we do I will PM you.

In years past I have always had a fairly easy time just showing up at Lake Rawlings and checking in and a little simple asking around been very successful finding another single buddy of a buddy team willing to allow me to triple up with them. If you ask the staff, they will very likely be able to steer you to someone who is more acquainted with the Lake. I have not settle on weekend plans but IF I am there I'd be happy to dive with you just as tddfleming!

Thanks ya'll. I'll take your advice. If you're ever headed down there, please let me know.

Thanks,

B

Just an update, we will not be going out there on the July 4th weekend. However, if you are looking for something fun to do around the area, DC is having their Folk Fest. Very fun and good food. This year is the Rhythm & Blues and Colombia. I am hoping for some good collard greens to eat. Hope you find a buddy for the weekend.

My wife and I are going to be diving at Rawlings over the 4th of July weekend. We are bringing our kids and plan on making a good time of it. We will be arriving on that Friday and will leave on Monday the 4th. We are in the "TRACER" travel trailer. Would love to hook up with anyone else diving..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom