Going to Bermuda, have questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi BDAfreediver,
My buddy and I will be docked in Hamilton for 3 days in June (and 1 day in St. George) and we'd like to get as many dives in as possible. Can you suggest a dive shop close by that can take us to different wrecks / reefs? I noticed that most of the other travelers asking for guidance are located either at the East or West end of Bermuda. I couldn't find any boat dive operators leaving from Hamilton (except the $200 dive organized by the cruise line which is only being offered on one day).
Thanks,
Alex

BDAfreediver
I am going to be staying at Cambridge Beaches June 22 to 30. - Haven't been back since 2004. Had gone there possibly 7 or 8 times. I dove (I think name of spot was Scotty's) nearby with dive group. Dives there are very shallow on wrecks and reefs. However, wrecks are relatively uninteresting but will do again. Will be in Bermuda this time 8 days so can readily do say 3 dives. Have own equipment. Have done over 200 dives - licensed in 1996 though almost 70. Much of my diving is in Grand Cayman though I have recently been to Yucatan, Curacao, Turks & Caicos, etc.

I had gone to dive shop by motor bike in past times. Would love to know if there is good site on other side of island.
I guess I would take a taxi early in themorning.

Any thoughts. I can also be reached at ted_semegran@hotmail.com

Cruise ship dives from Celebrity Summit. In port June 29th-Jul 1st at Kings Wharf. Need dive OPS recommendations please.

I will be in Bermuda next week and am looking for diving buddy for Elbow shore dives next THU or Friday.Any leads?
Thanks

My wife and I will be going on a cruise with the rest of our family the first week of August on Celebrity. We consider ourselves beginner divers -- we've got 31 dives and no additional certifications as of yet. I've got a few questions about diving on Bermuda. I understand that Celebrity docks at Kings Warf. Are the local dive operators typically mobbed when cruise ships are in port? Does it make more sense to stray further afield in order to avoid the crowds? Would it make sense to dive with operators on both the east and west sides of the island to avoid repeated dives at the same sites? Generally, are there marked differences between east coast and west coast diving?

I appreciate any info anyone might be able to give.

Thanks.

Hello,

I live in Bermuda so if you want or need any information let me know and I will be happy to help you out in any way I can!

I love my island and I want others to enjoy its beauty both on land and in the ocean!

Divers and Non divers alike

Just send me a message or post here :D
take care

I'd like to visit Bermuda for 4-5 days in early August. Do you know of some inexpensive lodgings close to the good dive sites? I'm a single, male Advanced diver & not picky about where I stay. Thanks.

I would like to applogise to everyone for not answering questions... I was living in a place with no internet for awhile and now I've moved out and have internet again.. (Yaaaah!) I will once again try to keep everyone update on Bermuda or answer any questions... once again I am sorry for missing out on all the previous questions...
Please ask away as I know the new summer season is fast approaching

Alright, here goes :D

We're going to Bermuda mid February and have been reading that the water is cool enough to require full 7 mm wetsuits. Do the dive shops there actually have those for rent in a reasonable assortment of sizes? Are hood or gloves a requirement (yeah we're coming from cold climates here :D)?

TIA

Hello dfx,

I dive during these months as well and tend to be fine in my 5/4/3mm but this does of course depend on how deep a dive you plan on doing. The water temp is Feb tends to be sitting in the low 60s and currently it has been warmer this year (so far.. knock on wood) than the last two. I do know most of the dive sites rent wet suits in lots of sizes but I am pretty sure they don't tend to have too many 7mm available (if at all). I hate hoods personally (dun liked the squished head feeling) and only wear one here if I am doing a really long extended dive but otherwise I tend to be fine. I also do believe they have some hoods/gloves available as well at the shops.
May I ask where on the island you will be staying? I can then have a look at the closet dive shop is and see if can find any more information for you..
take care
BDA

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! We're going to stay at the Grotto Bay hotel, which makes Triangle Diving the obvious choice. But we're also interested in diving the other side of the island and were looking into Blue Water Divers as a possible place (no specific preference though).

Water temps in the mid 60s is really hot for our standards :D so personally I'm hoping that no hood is required as I also hate those things. But I hate being cold even more :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom