How deep have you gone on air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

154 fsw in dark, Puget Sound ... and I don't need to repeat the experiment ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Reactions: Jax
San Pedro Island, San Carlos, Guaymas, Sonora Mexico.

Terrible vis - only 40 or 50 feet. Either 151 or 154, depending on which arm you asked. :giggle:

Edit: I will do it again - what a diversity of life!

100 fsw, on my AOW Deep dive in Cozumel. Deep enough for me, but I would do it again.

131 fsw in N.S. I didn't MEAN to break the rules! Oh, wait, that was Nitrox 28. Does it still count?

I'm with Walter on this one... All the way to the bottom.

But, I think this should be moved from Basic discussions to some other area. It is not a "basic" discussion and involves a lot of variables beyond the "Basic" discussion

190 is our normal operational limit for air. I've dove that lots of times. I have, on rare occasions and my own time, gone slightly deeper.

Only 140 ft (my cert limit). But try that in 15 ft vis and 39F - at 120 ft I hated the feeling of being that deep and having no reference other than blackness or back-scattered flashlight illumination in all directions. Once at the bottom (140 ft) I felt much better... I have been at 120 ft in warm, clear water and haven't felt anywhere near the discomfort that can creep up on you at 70 ft in murky, cold water with restricted mobility (from thermal protection) and concomitant heavy weighting.

I know that I won't win any points in the "I've gone deeper on air" contest, but context does matter.

Reactions:
I'm with Walter on this one... All the way to the bottom.

But, I think this should be moved from Basic discussions to some other area. It is not a "basic" discussion and involves a lot of variables beyond the "Basic" discussion

This diver is certified for OW. Will complete my AOW hopefully this summer. My max depth is 58 feet, just at the limit of recommended depth for my skill and training.

At 130 feet max recommended depth for recreational diving, I suspect the reason this thread has generated the responses you know you are pushing the limits beyond what has been recommended. And just because you did does not mean it was safe to do so.

Just because you could doesn't mean you should.

Getting deep is not the only goal, going deep and living to tell the story is the goal. Once you go down you must come up. Preferrably alive to tell the tale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom