Oneida Lake sunken tugboat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our side scan images look nothing like this of the Thomas H. Ours are much more intact and you can see it is a tug. It is in 52 feet of water and dove it last year to confirm that it is a tug. Do you have the coordinates for this location? I'd be glad to send you our coordinates for the Thomas H. Have to get them off the GPS on my boat. The barge that I mentioned diving is about 600 ft NW of the TH headed toward the Cleveland Tower.

We have started getting the paper work together to get a buoy on the Cleveland barge but still need to get to the Oswego County Sheriffs office to get their OK. I talked to the guy in Albany and it sounds like we shouldn't have a problem. The tug is a little close to the channel so that may be a problem but I will PM you my info if you could send the coordinates of the other barge I could check on all three. 12' is awesome we waited till late in the fall and in was really bad.

Thanks
Kevin

What a beautiful day to be on the Lake! Didn't get wet until almost 2:30 on the big barge today. Clarity was nearly 20 feet at depth and I didn't need a light. This will not last long as the sun and warm weather will produce more algae as temps rise. We saw another sturgeon on the Thomas H. on our second dive. That's 3 lake sturgeon in 3 dives. They must be making a comeback, because the DEC doesn't even list Oneida Lake in their known habitats. Anyone else diving this weekend? Glad to share coordinates and side scan images of the wrecks with you.

If you need any help with buoying the wrecks just ask. Scot

Scot, thanks for the updates!!!

Here is a link about the sturgeon Cornell is tracking them and alot of people have been catching them. They are pretty impressive.
ny sturgeon for tomorrow

Kevin

What a beautiful day to be on the Lake! Didn't get wet until almost 2:30 on the big barge today. Clarity was nearly 20 feet at depth and I didn't need a light. This will not last long as the sun and warm weather will produce more algae as temps rise. We saw another sturgeon on the Thomas H. on our second dive. That's 3 lake sturgeon in 3 dives. They must be making a comeback, because the DEC doesn't even list Oneida Lake in their known habitats. Anyone else diving this weekend? Glad to share coordinates and side scan images of the wrecks with you.

If you need any help with buoying the wrecks just ask. Scot

I've got 2 freedives and 1 scuba on the steam tug near the islands under my belt now. Is there any chance someone could pm the coordiantes of the Thomas H

Attachments

• boiler12.jpg
    boiler12.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 324
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom