Which Anantara Resort has the best diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JR_Strele

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings;

Well, the title says it all. We have a deal to Anantara resorts and need a diver's opinion on which of the 4 resorts has the best diving?

Also, is there a time of year when the diving in the Maledives is bad or unpleasant?

Thanks!

Actually, you are mis-informed. Anantara Dhiguu, Veli AND Naladhu are ALL connected and therefore "share" the same sites for diving. The only difference between the 3 places is their level of exclusivity, with Naladhu being the most private (and expensive) with a personal Butler who arranges all your activities, leaving you to just relax and enjoy!

As for the diving, I worked there and I feel the diving was at best--mediocre. There are a few thilas and a channel dive that can be interesting, but these 3 resorts are definitely NOT for serious divers. They are more geared to an overall "vacation experience" that happens to have a PADI Dive center on the premises. Less than 10% of the guests go there just for the diving. Sorry to be the "bearer of bad news" but better you know what the situation is before making your decision.

If I were you I would go to the Kihava location, which is in Baa atoll and will have better reefs and therefore better diving. I do not know how it compares in terms of the price and amenities, but ALL Anatara Resorts are on the higher end of the scale, and they have a small dive center there.

As for seasons, you can dive there all year, but the heavier storms / monsoon is coming between June-August. But between days of rough weather there are always sunny periods, In general Maldives "high season" begins in October and ends in April / May.

Have a nice trip!

Thanks for that piece of very useful information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom