Mt. Storm current conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Storm is going backwards. 21 May the water temperature was 68*F to 70*F at the surface and definitely 68*F at depth down to about 55'. The vis was bad due to lots of classes moving around. We did one dive after the classes packed up and left and the silt clouds were gone of course but it was still pretty dark and gloomy, even though the sun was out. I think Mother Nature is gong to have to start helping us out a little bit more than she has been. At least the water was calm.

Dove Mt. Storm today, water temperature was a balmy 74*F. These few warm days have made a big difference. :O)

Well divers we were at the Storm tonight. Surface temp was 81 with a small thermal at 35 ft. and temp was 73 at 50 ft. Air temp was 78 at 5:30 this evening. Vis--wekk it was normal for Storm--I could see my hand.:cool2:

Time to maybe plan a trip, I think.

Since we don't have our own tanks, and have four divers in the family, times two rental tanks each, eight tanks are a lot of weight to put in the Jetta's trunk for the trip up from near Baltimore.

Anyone know what the schedule is for ScubaVentures' trailer to be up at Mt. Storm? Their schedule link doesn't appear to be working...

Headed to the Storm right now. :O)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom