LF: Single tank wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife just got certified. During one of her first fun dives she had a problem with a leaking power inflator. She decided to get her own BC after that. I have an Al backplate setup (no bladder) which she can use. I am now looking for a reasonably priced single tank wing which is available locally. I prefer a TPU coated nylon inner bladder as opposed to a plain polyurethane one. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Nautilus. Orca single wing. Very very good price. And yes, it does look like a TPU coated nylon inner bladder. I've only ever used it once in open water, and its going to waste (ever since I got a horse-collar). You can borrow it if you like, as well as the aluminum STA that goes with it.

Here's a photo of it beside my old 30lb EXD wing:

P1010012.jpg

Relatively narrow profile as well, with minimal taco on the sides.

If you remember that vid of me on FB during my first time with my DH reg, its the wing I used for a bit (then ditched :D )

Thanks. Will check it out. I was looking at the OMS 32lb but it was out of stock at Nautilus. I can't find the orca wing anywhere on the net.

IIRC the OMS 32 is just about the size of the EXD. Didn't Solomon have any stock of the ORCA wing? (they sell it cheaper now than when I first got mine).

if you're looking for oxycheq, best if you check divers' point.

I just got the ORCA 32lb wing for my wife. Looks a lot like my old eclipse save for some differences: the narrower corrugated hose, higher profile dump valve and the TPU coating of the inner bladder seems a little thinner. Let us see how it performs.

I usually swap out my corrugated hose for the spiral ones - and shorter ones. Then I shorten my BC inflator hose.

Thanks for the suggestion. Where do you get the shorter spiral hoses? Where did you get your Go Pro HD Camera? Did the housing come with the flat port?

Back
Top Bottom