Awesome Snorkeling at Hens & Chickens Reef Islamorada today-Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubagirlfl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I snorkeled (my gear is being serviced) Hens & Chickens Reef in Islamorada. What a wonderful time I had. Beautiful viz, 3 Tarpon swam around me for an hour, free swimming Moray Eel, Turtle, Large group of Eagle Rays, Huge Porcupine fish, Large groups of baracuda,these are just some of the things I saw. When we came back to the boat to hang out, a pod of dolphin could be seen playing by the lighthouse!

I was really only fooling around taking still shots. The reef became so animated that I had to try to capture some of it with the video feature on the camera.

My Video was shot with my Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 camera. The video includes a couple of surface shots (can see an Eagle Ray if you look closely), free swimming Moray Eel, a Turtle brings you on a slow tour of the reef, which is then handed over to a single Eagle Ray tour and then the Squadron of Eagle Rays complete my little video.

YouTube - ‪Hens & chickens Reef Islamorada‬‏

Nice video. I always love snorkeling at Hens and Chickens. The large coral formations there are some of the biggest I have ever seen. I love the leopard rays. We once saw a couple there who were circling below us for the longest time. Beautiful.

video came out nice

Pretty much all but I will list a few. Ocean divers,Amorays,Sea Dwellers,Key Divers . I always see these boats out there.

Ocean Divers and Conch Republic divers

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom