Waterproof G1 gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone tried these yet? They look nice but I'm concerned about the zipper. Especially when used with another waterpoof suit with a zipper on the sleeves (zipper over zipper)

Hello, I have a pair of G1. They are great, easy to don and doff. Concerning the zipper over zipper, I don't have that problem, on my wetsuit, the zipper on the wrist down side and the G1 zipper is on the upper side. Check the pics in my signature.

I just finished 2 dives today with the G1 5F gloves. 30 minute dives @ temps around 40f and my hands were fine. These gloves are easy to don and doff, and while the zipper was tough to pull on over my 7mm suit it did it's job. There is very little, if any, water movement in these gloves. I love waterproof gear and am slowly replacing all my neoprene accessories with waterproof.

FYI, if you haven't tried it pick up a 3/5 hood. Again in temps around 40f my head was fine.

Just got my pair of G1's in the mail. While its now to cold to go try them this year, I look forward to giving them a go next year. I did try them on and they fit nicely and are very comfortable. The quality and stitching looks very good.

I know this thread is old but I am replying with my 2 cents worth for future reference. I purchased the 5mm gloves a few weeks ago and finally got to use them for the first time today. I had on a 7mm wetsuit. I bought them to go with my drysuit mainly. Quite often I find myself needing to take my gloves off and on during the dive for different reasons [to make gear adjustments underwater, with full winter gear on, is impossible with mitts or thick gloves.]

I love the ease with which these went on and off in the water today. I did have a big problem with zipping the end of the gauntlets over my sleeve. For fear of breaking the little pull at the end of the zipper, I just left them unzipped for the dive. The water was 46* and I was in for over 45 minutes. My fingers and hands - though soaked - were toasty warm throughout the dive [note that I do wear a thin pair of silk glove liners underneath for the undressing part later - the liners, even though wet, will keep your hands warm a lot longer when you are taking off the gear in the wind by your vehicle].

If any Waterproof designers are following this thread I would suggest either putting on a very strong zipper pull and longer pull strap, or making the very end of the gauntlet wider to fit over a thick sleeve better. These gloves are plenty warm and tight, as is, around the hand and wrist. Maybe the forearm doesn't need to be as tight. Of course they couldn't be called waterproof then.

These are my 4th pair of winter gloves I have tried and I love them.

I am writing this as a follow up for future reference of those interested. These threads seem to stay on the books for years. I used the 5mm gloves [size XL] with my drysuit [Viking Extreme w/ cuffs] for diving this past winter in water 35-40*. Once on, they were warm and toasty but the problem was getting them over my drysuit gloves. I had blue rubbery chemical gloves[size L] I bought at Lowe's. I like to make my adjustments when I am in the water and I put the Waterproofs on after I am under.They are a little tough to get over the blue gloves. Recently I changed the blue gloves for a thinner and tighter black neoprene chemical glove [size M] I got at Home Depot. They give me a lot better use of my fingers for adjusting my full face mask straps and other adjustment buckles on my bcd. I also recently bought a pair of Waterproof G1 5 finger 3mm size XXL gloves. These fit very easily over the chemical gloves and I can take them on and off underwater if need be. The chemical gloves will work ok for a few minutes by themselves in the cold water. The Waterproof's are much, much better than the 7mm 3 finger neoprene mitts I started with. I am still unable to zip the gloves up so I just wrap them back over the wrist once and my wrists are warm enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom