Harvey's Kobalt Pro-Flex....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iceman900t

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody tried these wetsuits out?? I've seen some people speak highly of the Dri-Flex, but I haven't seen much regarding this suit. Does it stretch well?? Easy to don/doff??
Thanks!
Ben

I'd like to know something about this suit too.

My LDS is pushing the Henderson Hyperstretch, but before buying I read some good things about the Xcel on this site. When calling around about the Xcel, one LDS recommended the Harvey's suit. He says they have the same stretch as the Henderson but are more durable. I'm going to check them out next week, along with the Xcel. Some advanced info wouldn't hurt before I go.

Aloha,

I am also in the market for a new 3mm full suit and have it down to HARVEY'S KOBALT PRO-FLEX SUIT or Henderson's Titanium Hyperstretch Aqua Suede, Henderson's Gold Core Neoprene or Henderson's Titanium Hyperstretch.

Read some descriptions on these suits and it seems the Henderson Hyperstretch is susceptible to runs, pulls and snags. The Henderson Hyperstretch Aqua Suede does not seem to have these problems probably because of the outer layer over the hyperstretch materia. At least that is the way I read it. Also the hyperstretch material is heat sensitive and you should always dry the suit in the shade and keep out of temperatures over 135 degrees F, so watch out placing them in a hot car or trunk.
One of my concerns with the hyperstretch material is just how much does it give. I see there is a post about altering a Henderson Hyperstretch suit by Garfish in this forum. Seems the arms are tight and the legs are long. My last suit bought was a Harveys 1mm. It is a little long but ok, I could have tried to get an XL Short but ran out of time before a trip. Harvey's does not say how much their Pro-flex suit stretches or if there is an outer layer to protect it from snags etc.

Would appreciate any and all input regarding personal recommendations of these 4 suits. I am leaning between the Harvey's Kobalt Pro-flex and the Henderson titanium hyperstretch aqua suede.

PacificFlyer

Think there is another thread like this somewhere. I have a Henderson Hyper Stretch with about +80 dives on it. The material is balling up , hole in small of back and the seams have blown out in the left arm and seat. It was easy to get on and off but compared to my wife's Harvey 3mm Titanium that has over 100dive on it has not worn well.

I took some doing but I finally made a purchase. No LDS had a Henderson, Xcel, or Harvey's for me to try on. I ended up driving about 50 miles away to two different dive shops to accomplish this. Harvey's apparently doesn't make a one piece and I didn't want a two piece. After trying on the Henderson and Xcel, I went with the Xcel. I ordered two Inifinity wetsuits, a 4/3 and a 7/6/5, plus a 6/4 bibbed hood. They should arrive in about a week. I bought a pair of Harvey's Titanium 7mm gloves while I was at it. Now I just need to get everything wet.

Back
Top Bottom