really distasteful ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSteve and others,

In post #19 (above) I muse aloud. I will not begin such a poll, but I would respond to one.

OK, I realize it's in the W&C forum and all, but the recent display of "you wanna fight, watch me win" by a certain SB staff member went beyond the pale.

You should've left the thread closed, rather than re-opening it long enough to allow a handful of dog-pilers to jump all over the OP, then close it again.

Pete ... I thought you were against that sort of behavior. Publicly humiliating a member of this board just isn't something that staff should be participating in ... however "justified" you feel. Y'all could've and should've just shut down that train wreck before it got to that point, rather than egging the mob on to "burn the witch".

That display cost a couple of you guys my respect ... although I'm certain you don't give a crap. I think sometimes y'all forget that it's the members who have made this board a success ... even the ones you don't agree with.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hit this link. YouTube - AC/DC - Big Balls Bob rocks!

So now that all talk of that train wreck is over....how about we all shake hands, kiss, make up...and go start another one....Split fins are better than all other types :mooner: :rofl3:

I just love this forum!!!!!

I saw the first page of that discussion, and pretty much went to sleep. So someone doesn't like nearly nekkid laides, thats ok, there's room on the forum for gay guys who like pics of nearly nekkid men too...

Then I never bothered to go re-open it afterwards... with this thread I went and skimmed a few pages near the ned.

"The SUCBA Springer Show" fits.

Seems to be a few thin skins on here, I remember Rec.Scuba newgroub back when AirHog was still around. Flamewars daily, Asbestos suits recommended.

That thread is TAME.

If you want to see what a person is made of, give them power.........
Three things will always come out, The sun, the moon and the truth!
See you topside! John
PS Not swayed buy pictures!!!!!!

Reactions: Jax
Once again. Let me start by saying...

This was not about anyone's Avatar, or the "Avatar thread" in particular. Unfortunately, that particular thread was the arena for the drama that unfolded.

I am genuinely sorry that I lost my temper, and let someone get so under my skin that I totally let them have it. For those who really know me... This is not how I am. I have a lot of things going on, and I lost my temper and that is really what happened.

Is it true that the member who was the brunt of the anger was prodding at me for a long time? Poking at me, and demeaning my work (which I do in my spare time) to improve the user experience at ScubaBoard. That is neither here nor there. The bottom line is... I got angry... Lambasted someone in public, and for that I apologize to the community.

Please accept my sincerest apologies, and know that this is not indicative of my normal behavior, or how I expect anyone else on ScubaBoard to behave... now and in the future.

Once again. I'm sorry.

Oh my goodness, the drama. Have we forgotten that we all have the love of scuba in common and that's why we are all here? As in life, there are people we gel with and people we don't, but when everyone conducts themselves like a grown up, it should not matter.

I agree that the whole thing was in very poor taste and that some did not maintain a reasonable level of decorum for a public forum. But I think all parties involved can shoulder some of that responsibility, there were no victims here. You ask for confrontation and it is likely that you are going to get it. Sometimes the greatest act of courage is to walk away and let the crazy ones and malcontents play alone. This is the internet. If there is psychopathology in any of us, this is where it will flourish.

As for the culture of the board which tolerates violations of TOS and dogpiling, it does diminish it's impact and reach imho. I know tons of people who do not participate on this board due to not having thick enough skin to deal with the flaming, dogpiling, and such. I myself participate on a limited basis and only in certain forums for this reason. But it continues to be a valuable resource for me even on the basis that I wish to play.

Howard if you are truly "sorry" then why is some mystery staff member still screwing around with Jax's account by changing her account password and email address??

Back
Top Bottom