Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.K., got the IE 8 installed and things are better. I have to use that Compatability tool Icon at the top next to the refresh bar to get the page to work though and sometimes I have to do it on each page.

This is tiring.........

J

Test to see if it works again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2.jpg
    Screen Shot 2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 100
Pretty much worked perfectly that time. Attachment management was right where it was supposed to be when I went advanced. When I hit post reply, the format went funky again after the thread refreshed with my post. Used the compatibility thing up in the IE8 tool bar and it fixed it.

Seems like a lot of stuff going on to get it to the point of being readable. Since this is only Phase one, I guess there is still lots of stuff to fis. Thanks Howard and Steve for the leads. Things are much better now.......not perfect, but better!

Cheers!

So I am sitting here looking around on Scubaboard when all of a sudden a audio add comes blasting through my cheap speakers, scared the crap out of me. Since this is the only browser I have open I am assuming it came from scubaboard. Does it have something to do with adware or something similar?

How nice. You added a number of features to Quick Reply. Thanks...!!
So I am sitting here looking around on Scubaboard when all of a sudden a audio add comes blasting through my cheap speakers, scared the crap out of me. Since this is the only browser I have open I am assuming it came from scubaboard. Does it have something to do with adware or something similar?
Lavasoft offers a super, free malware program.

Probably not from SB. We don't do audio ads unless its from google and unintentional on our part.

We do not have any pop ups. If you are getting a popup then its something else entirely.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

How nice. You added a number of features to Quick Reply. Thanks...!!

You're welcome... thanks for noticing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Well it hasn't happened again. Thanks for the response.

Thanks for your hard work. It took some getting used to but I am finding my way around quite easily. Thanks again.

Update for those that are having similar issues to mine. After all is said and done, I have updated Java, IE8 was installed as well. As my earlier post indicates, I am still having minor issues with formatting (jumps to the right, stacks of letters in the "New Posts" section and sometimes finding the text box when I "go Advanced"). All of this seems to be correctable with the "Compatibility View" icon that is located immediately to the left of the Refresh Icon in IE8.

I have also added SB to trusted sites and I went advanced in Internet Options and re-set to Default Settings, which was discussed by Steve and another individual (sorry, I forget) one of the other threads. I hope this information helps people who are having similar issues. The board is much more readable for me now and seems to work. Hopefully, as phase 2 and others progress things will smooth out. It just seems odd to me that people would have these types of problems with what I would suspect should be a somewhat generic "platform". Don't get me wrong, I'm no tech person and am not familiar with the "ways of the dark side". Just tried to remain calm and work through the problem. My gas was getting low though and I almost bolted for the surface :D

Howard things are working well and thank you for your efforts. Like the looks and the features. From what I have read it's a good thing you saved money with Geico. You probably will need it for rogain after all of your hair pulling!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom