Grand Turk diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks. did you stay at osprey beach hotel?

My girlfriend and I dove GT in Feb. We used BlueWater and stayed at the Osprey in the budget room. BlueWater was a nice operation - very laid back. 10 minutes or less to dive sites. There are several lodging choices within a short walking distance to the BlueWater office. I think if we went back we might try the Manta House for lodging. We met a nice couple with a vacation home on the island, and they also dive with and recommend Grand Turk Diving Co.. Be prepared for the high cost of food on the island.

The restaurant in the Osprey is very pricey. Walk a few hundred feet down the road to the SandBar beach bar/restaurant. Jack's Shack down by the ship dock is an expat hangout with good bar food at relatively reasonable prices.

Mitch @ Blue Waters is great! We did our rescue with him and had a not only a great time with him but the educational time was informative and enjoyable.

Osprey is one of the most comfortable and convenient spots on GT.

+1 for Manta House. Right across the street from (and shares owners with) Sand Bar. If you like the locals scene, Sand Bar is definitely the place to hang out. Katia at Manta House was a fabulous hostess and looked out for my every need.
Manta House was much more island-life and closer to my taste than Osprey - which other than Mitch performing - put me in mind of plenty of places in Florida.

Dived with Oasis right down the street. (Not the one by the cruise ships) They were fine, but I'll also hit the water with Mitch and the crew at Blue Water next time. Night dived with Smitty, too, can't remember his shop's name, but I want to dive with him some more! He knows where everyone lives.

Makes me ready to go back now! The walls were gorgeous!

Another vote for Blue Water Divers......... :D

we stayed at Osprey and did a week with Blue Water divers across the street. Saw dolphins two days and a ton of turtles last week. Just got back Sat.:(
I would do both again with no questions. We had 4 people on our boat the whole week. Nat just got a new 3000.00 camera wed. He was a great guide. Even tho he was hunting lion fish on every dive. Always found them as they are everywhere.

Glad to hear they have gotten after the lionfish more seriously! I didn't see anyone shoot any when I was there last summer. I was WISHING for a spear the whole trip!

Back
Top Bottom