really distasteful ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so according to facebook, Jax is now banned? Why? You admitted yourself that she skirted violating TOS (whereas you did not skirt violating TOS). Did you actually proceed with your "you go or I go" statement?

Edit-seems maybe she wasn't banned but her account was screwed with. Wonder who could have done that......

Reactions: Jax
If recent behavior is any indication, it'll get moved ... or closed ... or deleted.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Or you'll get banned...

Reactions: Jax
I fail to see why people get to dam tight butted, and angry over little things. If every poster that liked to attract some attention to them self, or who crossed the line a bit now and then in taste with some of their posts, was eliminated from SB, this would soon be a very boring place. Ours is a very large and interesting group. There will be personality clashes, down right nasty battles, miss understandings, feelings hurt now and then, etc, but this is a pretty darned fun group of people to talk with, and listen too, even when some of you are dead wrong! :D

In the avatar thread that was closed adurso said it pretty well: "The sniping, back-biting, train wrecking, Jerry Springer guest like behavior keeps me coming back for more.... "

There is plenty of room for a lot of different personalities, and communication styles in here, and people need to try to not get their panties in knots when another poster has a style they disagree with, or find irritating.

Not everyone who reads SB is looking to learn how best to use their new snorkel. Some are even here, just hoping to get the chance to tell someone else exactly what they can do with their new snorkel :wink:
While others are trying to sell their old snorkel.

Hopefully there remains room for all of us in here, personality clashes, and all!

For the integrity of ScubaBoard, Pete should make a statement concerning adherence to TOS and the conduct and professionalism he expects from the staff. Everyone has opinions, people in power have a duty to rise above such antics. If this type of behavior from members and staff can not be curtailed properly, ScubaBoard will indeed become an extinct train wreck. I surely hope not.

"All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again." -- Leoban, Season 1, Episode 8: Flesh and Bone, Battlestar Galactica

Does anyone know what happened to that NWGrateful Diver guy??

This is a message board, it is for amusement purposes only. As a rather obscure medium devoted to an activity with a small market share what happens here should be taken with a very large grain of salt....including amusing interchanges between posters....

Being banned from a message board ranks right up there with being tossed out of the book of the month club.....

Scubaboard will get over this too but it is too bad it will have to. Riding a Harley hard is good. Not so good when you are riding a Howard. Momar Gaddafi's new book on the judicious use of power will not be a best seller.

I fail to see why people get to dam tight butted, and angry over little things. If every poster that liked to attract some attention to them self, or who crossed the line a bit now and then in taste with some of their posts, was eliminated from SB, this would soon be a very boring place. Ours is a very large and interesting group. There will be personality clashes, down right nasty battles, miss understandings, feelings hurt now and then, etc, but this is a pretty darned fun group of people to talk with, and listen too, even when some of you are dead wrong! :D

In the avatar thread that was closed adurso said it pretty well: "The sniping, back-biting, train wrecking, Jerry Springer guest like behavior keeps me coming back for more.... "

There is plenty of room for a lot of different personalities, and communication styles in here, and people need to try to not get their panties in knots when another poster has a style they disagree with, or find irritating.

Not everyone who reads SB is looking to learn how best to use their new snorkel. Some are even here, just hoping to get the chance to tell someone else exactly what they can do with their new snorkel :wink:
While others are trying to sell their old snorkel.

Hopefully there remains room for all of us in here, personality clashes, and all!

Thanks for the new sig line ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Does anyone know what happened to that NWGrateful Diver guy??
He looked outside and noticed a beautiful sunny day in Seattle ... and so he decided he didn't want to spend it on the computer ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Would it be a TOS violation to set up a poll on how individual mods are perceived? Some (most) have my deep respect, but some come across (occasionally) as relishing the power they wield.

Would it be a TOS violation to set up a poll on how individual mods are perceived? Some (most) have my deep respect, but some come across (occasionally) as relishing the power they wield.

I somehow doubt it could be considered "against the TOS" however I doubt even those you respect would appreciate it or consider it appropriate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom