Major Update May 10, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Step by step:

Click Go Advanced if you're starting in the Quick Reply window.

Now you should see your post in a window (smilies off to the right) with an Additional Options box below it.

Scroll down and click Manage Attachments.

The box that pops-up has an Add Files button off to the right near the top. Click that.

In the next pop-up click Select Files and add the image(s) that you want. You should see a listing of the directories on your computer so navigate to where you stored the screen capture.

Note that you can add more than one.

Once the list contains the file(s) you want to use hit the Upload Files button. The system will upload your files and you should now see them as thumbnails in the middle window and also in the Attachment window underneath it.

On the bottom bar Click Insert Inline to place that image in your current post.

Optionally you can also drag files from the window above it into the Attachments Window and add them as well.

Then hit Done and your file should be inserted into your post. It will be code surrounded by

Steve.....You have restored my sanity..........partially.........

That is virtually EXACTLY what I had "remembered" from the old format.....in theory anyway.

Here's the rub. If I type in a detailed response, then go advanced so that I can place the attachment, the "Go Advanced" screen is BLANK......zero, zip, nada, nuttin, except for the Reply to thread button. I made the mistake of clicking that and it took me back to the first post in the thread. Went through the whole process again and when I got to "Go advanced" screen it was blank again. Rather than click "Reply to Thread" I back arrowed on the browser and all my text was gone.

So, I'm XP OS, IE. Deleted cookies since upgrade and have logged out and in several times.

Here's the rub. If I type in a detailed response, then go advanced so that I can place the attachment, the "Go Advanced" screen is BLANK......zero, zip, nada, nuttin, except for the Reply to thread button. I made the mistake of clicking that and it took me back to the first post in the thread. Went through the whole process again and when I got to "Go advanced" screen it was blank again. Rather than click "Reply to Thread" I back arrowed on the browser and all my text was gone.

So, I'm XP OS, IE. Deleted cookies since upgrade and have logged out and in several times.

Same here. Mac, Safari.

O.K. I think I figured some of it out..........went "Go Advanced" and just stared at it for a while. Somebody else (NWGreatfulDiver?) had some "Left Justify" problems and I did too on page loads. While I was staring at the blank screen after I went Advanced, I noticed in the bar at the bottom that I was all the way left justified. I clicked on the bar and started dragging to the right and loe and behold thar she was!

THAT'S gonna be a Royal PITA, but maybe it will be addressed in the Phase II update.

Gotta go out right now, but will post the screen shot when I get back. I gotta go and re-size the darn thing.

Thanks for all the responses folks......Glad to know I'm not crazy!

J.

Steve.....You have restored my sanity..........partially.........

That is virtually EXACTLY what I had "remembered" from the old format.....in theory anyway.

Here's the rub. If I type in a detailed response, then go advanced so that I can place the attachment, the "Go Advanced" screen is BLANK......zero, zip, nada, nuttin, except for the Reply to thread button. I made the mistake of clicking that and it took me back to the first post in the thread.

I've encountered a similar issue. The solution I used was to post the reply, then click the edit button, go advanced and then you can include the attachment.

Another option is to write your reply, then copy it and paste it back when you add the attachment.

I realize that's a bit of a pain, but it's the best workaround I've found while some of the teething issues are sorted out.

O.K. I think I figured some of it out..........went "Go Advanced" and just stared at it for a while. Somebody else (NWGreatfulDiver?) had some "Left Justify" problems and I did too on page loads. While I was staring at the blank screen after I went Advanced, I noticed in the bar at the bottom that I was all the way left justified. I clicked on the bar and started dragging to the right and loe and behold thar she was!

THAT'S gonna be a Royal PITA, but maybe it will be addressed in the Phase II update.

Gotta go out right now, but will post the screen shot when I get back. I gotta go and re-size the darn thing.

Thanks for all the responses folks......Glad to know I'm not crazy!

J.

I did NOT have that grey screen issue the first day after the upgrade, but then it cropped up for some reason. I deleted my cookies and the issue went away.

This might be it........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2.jpg
    Screen Shot 2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 109
Eureka!

Above is the formatting problem in new posts that I was talking about. Now I really gotta go.......I'm late and my wife is giving me the look........Will check back in later to see if anyone has any ideas.......IE7, WindowsXP OS, Cookies deleted, logged in and out several times.........

Thanks folks!

Howarde tested with your settings and it worked fine.
I tried this on Windows XP with IE 7 and Chrome, and FF 3 and all was fine.

Try updating Java/Javascript if it's not. I think many of the pop-up features run under it.

I just fired up an old XP machine with Internet Explorer 8. I did get caught in the "Reply" loop that you mention once using the Reply to Post button on the left side. But when I just used the Reply in the gray bar under the previous post - everything worked fine - repeatedly. Maybe upgrade to IE8 and see if that solves the problem.

You could also switch to Firefox...I personally like it much better than IE anything. And I ran IE for years previously.

Last edited:
O.K. - Got the Java updated.......No change. Going to go to IE8 and see what happens. Does anyone have any ideas about the screen shot I posted? If I am at Forum home or in one of the sub-forums, all is well. Only in New Posts do I get that "Compressed" column which makes everything screwy.

Off to install IE8..............

Back
Top Bottom