Essential Dive Guide to Diving the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tangfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello All,

I am a fellow admirer of the beautiful country, people and superb diving in the Philippines. Last Fall I posted a photo gallery of a shoot I did off of Anilao (Luzon) here to SB.

Since then I've fielded a number of questions about the Philippines, relating to general travel advice and diving logistics (choosing a region to go to, etc.), mostly through PMs and email.

I wanted to share with all you Scubaboard brethren a great article, published this morning by my colleague and fellow u/w photographer, Stewart Sy. Stu (as we call him) is a native of the PI and this dive guide is a synthesis of his many years of diving and shooting photos there.

While I'm far from an expert, I have been diving off of about 5 of the islands there, and I must say, it's likely the best value for diving (quality vs. cost) of anywhere I've ever been. The locals are very friendly and the density and richness of marine life is absolutely stunning, as many of the photos from the Philippines posted here to SB show.

Please enjoy the read, and more importantly - visit the Philippines!

Scuba Diving Guide to the Island Nation of the Philippines

Cheers,

Calvin

Nice!!!

Awesome article and pics.

Calvin...will have to get you up to visit Subic..so you can add that too :wink:

I'll link this from my website... drive some hits your way! :)

Thanks for the post.

I've booked a trip for a week at Puerto Galera and a week at Dumaguete in late fall, so this is helping me whet my appetite for my first western Pacific diving.

Awesome article and pics.

Calvin...will have to get you up to visit Subic..so you can add that too :wink:

I'll link this from my website... drive some hits your way! :)

Thank you, Devon! I would most certainly like to come to Subic Bay someday. I really liked Anilao.

Awesome writeup! Clearly shows how beautiful Philippines is for divers :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom