BC in Tuscaloosa Tornado...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frostologist

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The April 27th Tornado that came through Tuscaloosa directly hit Fire Station 4 in Tuscaloosa. This is my station. My dive gear was in the engine room drying from a recent trip to the Gulf. The station was destroyed and all of our personal vehicles were totaled. My dive gear was completely gone. 4 days later I found my bc in a debris pile 1 block from the station!!!! It has looked better!!! Unfortunately the only other items I found were 1 boot, 2 busted weight pouches and a beanie! I knew I should have written down all of my dives from my computers log!! Luckily all of us in the station were unharmed.

Attachments

• photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 102
  • photo5.JPG
    photo5.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 97
Glad that you are all OK. I have watched the videos and a truly amazed that there were not more people injured or killed. Unreal display of Mother Nature's rath! Stay safe!

My dive team leader here in Douglas County, Georgia, knows quite a few folks in Tuscaloosa. He told me the day of the tornadoes that a fire station had been flattened with the firefighters inside...glad you guys are OK.

Give a guy a beanie to keep his head warm and that's how he treats it? Shees. Good opportunity to get the word out to support your local Firehouse, professional or volunteer. So have the kids cook up a batch of brownies and drop them off at your local station or just stop by to say hello and buy the boys a round of cool sodas once in a while, you never know when it's your ass they have to come save. And while your there, look around for a compressor in the corner and when you spot it kind of non chalantly ask "Gee, I wonder if that thing could fill a scuba tank....................." Glad you guys are all safe and tell the damn mayor I'm counting on you guys for a ride on opening day of snapper season so he better give you a few days off.

Back
Top Bottom