Light Help... LED vs Bulb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok. I have a little cash and looking for a main Divelight.

How do you compare the output of a bulb light to an LED light?

I have about $75 for a main light (give or take).

Uses: Low Vis Texas Lakes, some night dives in low vis texas lakes and some warm water Caribbean night dives...

Looking at the UK C8 eLED (a little more than $75, but hey....) (6watt? how does it compare to other non LEDs?)
Regular C8 (how does it compare to LEDS?)
UK Turtle Package (C4 eLED. and some backup lights) a bit more than my price but...
UK D8 and pizza and beer money...
Open to other options....
Hopefully I will be taking the Night/Low Vis class late this month...

Thanks!
Lee

For about that price range you could get TWO Princeton Tec Torrent Xenons. They are OK lights. They are pretty good considering that are about 40 bucks each. They use AA batteries. They also fit in a BC pocket well. That way you have a back up. Good luck.

I love LEDs over bulbs and have eliminated all bulb flashlights - household wide. Whiter light, much brighter, longer lasting and they hold up to abuse far better. My favorite dive light is an Intova Wide Angle torch. I mean I've beat the snot out of this poor thing (more than diving) and it's survived so well. I bought my husband one for his birthday (just so I can steal it). :)

Back
Top Bottom