Dutch Springs Report?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last Sunday it was 52 at the platform at 25'. Mid 40's below that, even colder at the pump-house. Slowly warming up and vis not too bad far away from the platforms.

Was at the firetruck after a group of students just left and visibility was about 1" or less.

Yes the pond is slowly warming, from the top down of course. The good news is the air is warm and the sun refreshing, so you can recharge between dips!

We will be there next weekend also, on the peninsula side, as we are demo-ing Whites drysuits both days. Now there's an idea, eh? Dive dry, where it's always 98.6 degrees against your skin!!

Come on out and play, same directions - big IVS trailer, tent, grill, good food, lots of laughter!

My son Sheldon and I are going to give it a try on Saturday. Maybe we can meet some of the people who will be with us in Bonaire.

Nice day at Dutch today, sun was shining and no wind. My son and I dove in wetsuits, gloves, and decided to go with beanies instead of full hoods.

The first thermocline was roughy 25-30 feet. Above that a comfortable 52 degrees, the deepest we dove was 57 feet and the lowest temperature we saw was 45 degrees. Visibility was very good most places.

Hey sounds like you had a great day; hope you left some of that warm water for us to enjoy tomorrow! We had a small contingent there today and some reinforcements are on the schedule for Sunday.

Looking to head to dutch the weekend of june 11th. I have not had any time to get out and i am really craving some dive time. If anyone is up for that please PM me.
thanks

Howe we are there every weekend! Stop by the shop and let us know when you are heading up and we'll let you know who's running the IVS show there that weekend!

I was there with my son today, we saw the IVS trailer :D FWIW It was 55 on surface, 52 at the platforms and 48 at the schoolbus. Saw some dead fish yuck...

Lots of dead fish this year including some large bass and trout. I guess the zebra mussels are making the fish life difficult but I am not there for the fish, just the visibility.

Yes we have noticed more big dead fish than in previous years, not sure what the cause is, but they sure are there! Glad you stopped by Ben, we're there every weekend so please make yourself at home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom