Software for .cr2 raw files

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wamae24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a G10 and would like to shoot in raw format but I can not find a software that I can manipulate the .cr2 files. I normaly use Photoshop Elements but it does not read these files. What software is needed to do this?:confused:

Photoshop Elements does read CR2 files. I use version 9 on the files that come from my G9 and it works fine. I used to use version 6 which also worked.

+1

Does the G10 come with editing software? Both my 450D and 500D came with it.

Canon's Digital Photo Professional (DPP) should have been included with your G10.

It's great for adjusting white balance and converting from RAW (.cr2) to JPG.

As previously stated Canon DPP (Digital Photo Professional) came with your camera. I have some examples of using it to process white balance on RAW files HERE.

I use it to process the white balance then convert to JPG and finish my editing in PS just because I am use to PS and I like the white balance results from DPP better than the RAW plugin for PS CS4.

Thanks for the help! I am now able to use Photoshop Elements 7, but I am not sure why it would not open them before. I looked on the disk that came with my camera and do not see the Digital Photo Professional software which is really what I want because the WB is the main reason that I want to use raw anyway.

Thanks for the help! I am now able to use Photoshop Elements 7, but I am not sure why it would not open them before. I looked on the disk that came with my camera and do not see the Digital Photo Professional software which is really what I want because the WB is the main reason that I want to use raw anyway.

If this (or similar) is the CD that came with your G10 then the DPP should be on it? It is DPP version 3.5 as you can see from the label.

G10_disc.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom